Help with Monsters, Monster Locks & Music

DanielT1985

There's a lot of questions I wanna ask about Monsters. I know all of these questions may not be answered, but I need some help about it.

1. Monsters won't turn around when they're on a platform that's not at the very edge. Is there a way for the monsters to not fall off when they're on a platform? I tried having it set so when it reaches an edge, it turns back, but it only works when it reaches the end of the screen, not the end of the platform I made for it.

2. When my player dies, the background music doesn't want to load up again. Is there a way to fix that?

3. With monster locks, you can't make a floor out of it, since the characters & monsters fall through it vertically, but not sideways. Any way to fix it so it won't make you go through it when making a floor out of monster lock blocks?

4. Is it possible to make an arpeggio effect in NESMaker? The Arpeggio effect doesn't work in NESMaker, last time I tried it. So is there a way to make an arpeggio without having to make the music insanely fast in Famitracker?

I hope these problems get fixed as soon as possible. Thank you.

CutterCross

Hi Daniel T!

1. There used to be a Monster Block type for assets in previous versions, but I don't know how to implement that into the Platformer module yet. For now just use a Solid type asset. Someone else may show how to put that code back in.

2. Just comment out StopSound in the HandlePlayerDeath.asm script.

3. Haven't experimented with Monster locks yet, so I don't know that answer myself.

4. Yes you can use Arpeggios! I use them in my own NESmaker game. Although I'm also running into issues where the Pulse 2 channel gets muted when going to another screen with the same music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WABVyfdDgqY&feature=youtu.be

Top Bottom