Having Trouble making this as "MegaMan" style

James Rofle or AKA the The Nerd doesn't mind fan games of his character and I'm making my own using NES Maker and....I went into a snag I'm using Sprites from the AVGN Adventures game as the main player sprite and....this is what is happening - Dale if you can figure out how I can mimic the Megaman style please lend me a hand as The Nerd needs two palettes unless... I try tomake my own and yes he's a big sprite to work with.

PS - I'm not saving this and I'll need a trick to get two palettes I can use for him

also how I can do this trick on different sprites?

Attachments

• What is going on here.PNG
    What is going on here.PNG
    69.2 KB · Views: 2,797
dale_coop said:
You need to think 8x8 blocs with 3 colors by bloc, when you design your sprites.

okay then This sprite is gonna be a pain as the window is close to the seat[ATTACH type="full" alt="

Dr Emerald's Eggmobile.png"]0[/ATTACH]

update: I've looked at the updated hacked nes sonic game and it's a palette limit so it's fine XD

Attachments

• Dr Emerald's Eggmobile.png
    Dr Emerald's Eggmobile.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 2,778
You're right the nerd doesn't mind his likeness being used for home brews, the sprite you're using actually belongs to the original creator, FreakZone Games. I would at the very least, email them and ask for their permission, they're like to say yes.

Convoy_Avenger said:
You're right the nerd doesn't mind his likeness being used for home brews, the sprite you're using actually belongs to the original creator, FreakZone Games. I would at the very least, email them and ask for their permission, they're like to say yes.

this sprite is just used for testing Dale's Megaman style two palette trick I may not use it as it's beyond too big to use in a nes game like this.

dale_coop

Staff member
I don't have 2 palettes trick... I just said I used my 2 palettes wisely (or did my graphics wisely with that in mind):
make your graphics thinking 8x8 block colors (1 of the 2 palettes by bloc).
In your example, the sprite is not 8x8 compatible... you should move his shoulder, in order to get that better.

dale_coop

Staff member
I would start with something like that:
2018_09_20_08_13_53_NES_MAKER_4_0_11_player.png

Or even try to add colour to his pants:
2018_09_20_08_18_25_NES_MAKER_4_0_11_player_2.png

I have good news! Freakzone Games as I contacted them on Twitter using my Dev Twitter - they said I can use the sprites as long I don't do any sales...I still haven't heard from their publisher yet.

Top Bottom