No Knock-Back When Getting Hurt (Platformula 4.0.11)

DanielT1985

This is my first ever code modification for NESMaker. It removes knock back from getting hurt by something in the Platformula Module. And in platforming games, getting knocked back is NOT a good thing. cough cough Castlevania cough cough. So I tried to modify the GameEngineData coding to see if I can remove the Knock-Back, making platforming a bit more fun. I tried to modify the post-hit invincibility duration, but when I did, it causes the character to continue sliding, if it was walking when it got hit, and you can't control the character during that. Someone might find a way to fix that soon. For now, here's what I did to the following coding to make it remove Knock-Back.

So to remove the knock-back, go to GameEndineData\Routines\UserScripts\PlatformGame_Base\HurtWinLoseDeath\Platform_HandlePlayerHurt.asm and replace:

Code:
;HURT_TIMER = #$08
;INVINCIBILITY_TIMER = #$08

With

Code:
HURT_TIMER = #$02
INVINCIBILITY_TIMER = #$0F

IDK if that did anything to it or not, but I did it anyway to play it safe. Next, comment out:

Code:
JSR DetermineRecoilDirection

To

Code:
;JSR DetermineRecoilDirection

This will remove the knock-back as a whole.

Hope this helped, and hope you enjoyed my first ever code modding.

DanielT1985

Quick update, WolfMerrik, a VERY talented coder, made a more Platformer-Friendly Recoil. You can install this, and modify the invincibility timer there to make it longer. I had mine set to "INVINCIBILITY_TIMER = #$40" or 46, which was perfect for me, in my game.

Here's the link. http://www.nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=814

Top Bottom