Change individual bg tile or bg tile palette

Goaterby

Has anyone figured out how to change background tiles at any given position during gameplay? i.e. like swapping a tree tile for an empty tile if you hit it or something. Just a single tile at a time.

I found a macro for changing tiles in the macros script that seems exactly tailored to this purpose, but I can't seem to get it to work.

dale_coop

Staff member
Don’t know how to change tile currently.

You could make trees as monsters.
For a boss, you could make a huge tree made of “all monsters lock” tiles and the weak part (which you can shoot) whould be a monster.

Like for the beta tutorial challenge.

Goaterby

Thanks for the suggestion! Making static tiles like the demo could be neat, but it still doesn't allow me to clear them to a blank tile, which they did do in the demo when you defeated it... Hopefully they can shed some light on this in the future. I will poke around more in the scripts in the meantime.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yeah you need to assign a script to “All monsters lock” type tiles...
As soon as I am home, I can give you the details for you want.

dale_coop

Staff member
In fact, I checked, it didn't change from the beta, so it's already work as it (no need to add script/code).
Just make your tile, and select "All monsters lock" (you need to do that for each 16x16 you use to make your tile).

Then you have a "All monsters lock" tile that you can use in your screens, and that disappear when you kill all the monsters on your screen.

Goaterby

Thanks again! I will look into it. Maybe I can figure out a way to have it create tiles after an event and reverse engineer it from there... I will post any progress if I make any.

dale_coop

Staff member
If you need help of how to do things... there is a lot of tutorial videos from the beta
On Vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/joegranatoiv
And on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrGvkDImwWQxWyTOo6r3Pyw/videos

Take a look you find a lot of answers to your questions to come.

MistSonata

It should be noted that not all macros work as they're supposed to, and some need to be called in certain areas of the code only. Chances are you'll need to wait a bit to do something like that.

Goaterby

Yeah that seems to be the case. It also makes sense based upon how some of them are calling some routines and variables that I can't find anywhere. Must be some loose ends here and there. We will see if the point and click or puzzle tutorials in the future bring this up! It would be super neat. Thanks for the replies.

Top Bottom