Showing text messages on specific screens

Mihoshi20

Hmm, not sure if it's in 4.0 but beta versions has an option in screen info I think it was I'll have to check where you could have a text string displayed on screen load.

Just checked and it seems the checkbox and label has been removed for 4.0. Though really all of the checkbox labels have been removed and replaced with screen flag (and then a number). Though they still seem to be in the same order and the option was the last one so you could always tick screen flag 7 and see what happens though I doubt the ASM to make it work is still in.

Mihoshi20

darkhog said:
Let's say I've checked that flag - where would I set the text?

In the resource/project tree right under sound but above special screens should be a section called text. The beta versions were set to use NPC1 text which I assume is entry or group 0 or 1, but it's very likely the engine code to actually make this display isn't part of the basic module and wasn't a usable function during the beta anyways and probably left over from the development of Troll Burner specifically.

It's best to ask Joe directly about implementing this feature into your game or wait for one of the modules to see if it'll be included as a standard feature or find a coder who can implement this for you.

Bucket Mouse

It depends, really, on when that code is going to be officially put in.....it could be tomorrow, it could be two months from now. I wish I could ask those 8Bit fellas, but they're never around anymore.

darkhog

Try facebook/twitter. They're active there. I wish they were active here too, but I'd rather have them work on bugfixes and new functionalities than have them spend time on forums. They're very smart people and I wish them great success.

Top Bottom