Made "CutScenes Introduction Screens" (for between Start Screen and Playable Screens)

Bucket Mouse

Re: Made "CutScenes Introduction Screens" (for between Start Screen and Playable Screens)

Post by Bucket Mouse » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:26 am

Well. You'll never guess what.

The script wasn't mapped to the button. I must have removed it at some point during testing! THAT'S why it wasn't working.

Once it was actually mapped to the button again it worked, and prevented the glitch. :oops:
dale_coop

Re: Made "CutScenes Introduction Screens" (for between Start Screen and Playable Screens)

Post by dale_coop » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:54 am

Bucket Mouse wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:26 am
Once it was actually mapped to the button again it worked, and prevented the glitch. :oops:
Great news! I am glad you fixed your issue :)
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE
Scythe&GenGames

Post by Scythe&GenGames » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:34 pm

I really like this idea...has it been updated for usage of 4.0.11? I'm gonna be adding in graphics too like Ninja Gaiden has in its Cut Scenes and I'm hoping I can use the bottom screen to act like the Cut Scene screens I need
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Not yet updated for the 4.0.11... even if it’s not difficult (did it for my challenges demo).
But the 4.1 will come soon, and a lot of changes. I think it would be smarter to wait and see.
-----
Scythe&GenGames

Post by Scythe&GenGames » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:00 am

even with an update it may not have any that to use screen to Cut Scene our way - I might like to experiment with some for my game to see what I could do with the system.
Bucket Mouse

Post by Bucket Mouse » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:23 am

dale_coop wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:01 am
The script to hide the player was made to change the player "action step" to 05. Just make a animation with empty tiles for your player and assign this animation to action step 05.
This doesn't work. The line that's supposed to change it to Action Step 5 doesn't change it to 5. It always changes it to Idle (zero), every time.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:46 am

Did you put the script at the right place? on 4.0.11(in the "HandleScreenoads.asm" script, should be at line 326 : the line just BEFORE the "LDA HudHandler") ?
-----
Bucket Mouse

Post by Bucket Mouse » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:54 am

dale_coop wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:46 am
Did you put the script at the right place? on 4.0.11(in the "HandleScreenoads.asm" script, should be at line 326 : the line just BEFORE the "LDA HudHandler") ?
Yes, I put it there -- right after

Code: Select all

LoadChrData #$1d, #$1c, #$00, #$40
	;;; black out hud space?
;	BlackOutArea #$20, #$00, #$80
;
But I'm using 4.0.6 to build this game.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:05 am

Perfect. And in the "Project Settings > Project Labels" , you did the rename the "Screen Flag 4" to "Cutscene screen" then checked your screens as "Cutscene screen" in the "Screen info" ?
-----
Bucket Mouse

Post by Bucket Mouse » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:10 am

dale_coop wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:05 am
Perfect. And in the "Project Settings > Project Labels" , you did the rename the "Screen Flag 4" to "Cutscene screen" then checked your screens as "Cutscene screen" in the "Screen info" ?
I'm pretty sure I did because everything else works -- the screen change, the text, everything. The only problem is that the sprite doesn't disappear.