foreground logic

digit2600

think I figured out how to cheat foreground tiles...

i can't code asm for shit, but the logic is thid-
create tile type called foreground object

if player hits object, player pixel touching sets invisible (so player is behind object)

is this possible? what do the asm pros think ?

dale_coop

Staff member
Yes you could use an "invisible" character animation, set it to a "Invisibility" animations type and assigned to a particular action step (for exemple "5"), with a animation speed and "end of animation" set to "GoToFirst"
And make a tile type "ChangeToActionStep5" (as did for the InWater topic).

Else you could just use a "Monster / Game Object" that looks like a tile... I think your player would be hidden by it when you go through it.

digit2600

reason I'm avoiding using a game object is sprite count and tile space. .. it makes more sense to me at least for complex environments to just hide the players temporarily upon contact..

TurtleRescueNES

dale_coop said:
Else you could just use a "Monster / Game Object" that looks like a tile... I think your player would be hidden by it when you go through it.

Just my experience: I played around with tree branches as monster game objects hoping that I could get them to appear over the player, and it did not work. Once the player reaches a certain Y coordinate, the player appears overtop the monster.

Top Bottom