NESmaker 4.5 - Adventure Game Basics - Part 8: Platforming Mechanics

jataka5000

Exciting tutorial!
I found a missing and important step to get the scrolling working properly (around the 40min mark): Under Game Objects, I changed Player..Object Details.. Details.. Edge Object Reactions -- to Null instead of GotoNextScreen.
However, I still have an issue, that once I run to the right a screen or two, if I try to run back left to the original screen, the game freezes. I think I followed the tutorial carefully, but I can't see the reason for this freeze. Any hints appreciated!

dale_coop

Staff member
As usual... follow the next tutorials, a lot of issues (noticed by other members) have been fixed later.

jataka5000

Ok, understood. I'll carry on! It's hard to know how to ask good questions as I go as I don't know if other people are also seeing the same issues... Is this forum under the tutorial topic the best place to ask / see if others are experiencing similar?
For now, I'll just do my best to earmark issues that came up and then carry on with the remainder of tutorials. Thank you for your help!!

dale_coop

Staff member
This version of NESmaker is specific to the Summer Camp, a series of videos and exchanges with the members about issues, comments, questions, ... and that Summer Camp is mainly happening on the Facebook group.

In fact, I just repost the tutorials here on the forum, for people who wants to find them, after they disappear from the Facebook timeline...
As soon as members followed them, some issues are noticed, and shared on Facebook, with explanations and screenshots and videos, talking with Joe...
Then, Joe usually try to fix them in one of the next tutorials, by providing patches.

voltopt

Facebook! That's what I've been missing. I'm on the discord and here, but I've been avoiding Facebook recently. I suppose I'll take a look there.

dale_coop

Staff member
Haha, yeah, Joe (TheNew8BitHeroes) is almost only on Facebook. So every official things happen there, first. And the Summer Camp interactions are happening there, too.

jataka5000

Aha! I did not know about fb being the primary means for summer camp communications. I rarely use fb, but I will try to log on and see what's happening :) thanks!

Top Bottom