Post by SubCog » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:48 pm

Convoy_Avenger

Re: BEES! How to Create (Virtually) Unlimited Monsters

Post by Convoy_Avenger » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:22 am

dale_coop wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:07 pm
Like this:

Code: Select all

CountObjects #%00001000, #$00 ;; count monsters.
	LDA monsterCounter
	CLC
	CMP #MON_SPAWN_MAX  
	BCS labDoNotSpawn
I'm using a monster to spawn game objects. Would the CountObjects be the same for that? The items keep spawning, not respecting the max I've set. This also goes into the Spawns Enemies AI script, or somewhere else?

EDIT: I always bug you, then find the answer :P I was trying to find MonsterCounter, but that didn't help, then found CountObjects, and it has a nice chart of which bits to flip when you want to count objects. Flipped the right one, and now it seems to be working. Success!
jsherman

Post by jsherman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:05 pm

It will be fun to see who took advantage of this code in the competition. :)
"Turtle Rescue" updates can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=112
For more in-depth updates, please follow GossipTurtle on Twitter! https://twitter.com/TurtleRescueNES
Lother

Post by Lother » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:48 pm

Now I have a question. Let's say that in a monster group on one screen of my game, the first monster is the spawner and the second one is the monster I want to spawn regularly (the other two do not matter), what would the code be?

This way I can easily use that action to spawn different types of enemies without having to create a new spawner script for each one of these.
_____
The game I'm currently working on : FIGHT OF THE PHOENIX

One of the 2D graphical artist who worked on MonsterBoy and the Cursed Kingdom.
mouse spirit

Post by mouse spirit » Fri May 15, 2020 9:56 pm

This is great! I'm going to try it out right now.I have a question if you get a chance to answer it,it does pertain to this post.
Long question statement.I am working on a sort of music game.I want the "notes" to come from down left right or up,towards the player.What i'm trying to do is make the "notes" enemies,and so i attack in the correct direction to basically hit the "notes" as they come at me from all sides.This post looks like it can help me,so here's my question...
Do you know a way to make these enemies come out on time.So put the beehives in all four directions around my character,but they attack me in on beat or on time?.Like i want left left left up up right right right down down ect. Or do you know of a good tutorial for that sort of thing?Thanks again, this is awesome.
I am game, hear me blip.
jsherman

Post by jsherman » Sat May 16, 2020 1:15 pm

mouse spirit wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:56 pm
This is great! I'm going to try it out right now.I have a question if you get a chance to answer it,it does pertain to this post.
Long question statement.I am working on a sort of music game.I want the "notes" to come from down left right or up,towards the player.What i'm trying to do is make the "notes" enemies,and so i attack in the correct direction to basically hit the "notes" as they come at me from all sides.This post looks like it can help me,so here's my question...
Do you know a way to make these enemies come out on time.So put the beehives in all four directions around my character,but they attack me in on beat or on time?.Like i want left left left up up right right right down down ect. Or do you know of a good tutorial for that sort of thing?Thanks again, this is awesome.
This could work, or my thought is the "Fire at Player" script that comes with the modules would be better as it projects an object (your notes) directly towards the player.

Timing would have to be done through trial and error. You do have the ability to alter the "beehive" delay between projections, but I don't think it can truly be synched to the actual song.
"Turtle Rescue" updates can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=112
For more in-depth updates, please follow GossipTurtle on Twitter! https://twitter.com/TurtleRescueNES
mouse spirit

Post by mouse spirit » Sun May 24, 2020 2:14 am

Gotchya.Thanks for the reply.I see what you mean.I may just use like a variable that coincides with button inputs,have the inputs be visually on screen,then you press what the game tells you too type a thing.Keepin my options open.
I am game, hear me blip.