[4.1.5] Fixing the HUD Update issue and Collectable tile issue with the Basic_NoScroll core

dale_coop

Staff member
Some issues with the Basic_NoScroll core, it looks like the HUD Update doesn't work and if you try to make collectable tiles, or breaking blocks,... (any ChangeTileAtPosition macro based tile type) it doesn't work too with this core.
I compared with the basic core and I found a fix.

1/ Modify your Routines\Basic_NoScroll\MainASM.asm script (make a backup before that)...

Line 301, uncomment the line:
Code:
	JSR HandleHudData

Line 351, just before the line ";;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;", add this block of code:
Code:
;; BEGIN of the code used by the ChangeTileAtPosition	
	LDA testFlagThing
	BEQ +
	LDA tempTileUpdate_lo
	STA temp16
	LDA tempTileUpdate_hi
	STA temp16+1
	LDA tempChangeTiles
	STA updateTile_00
	LDA tempChangeTiles+1
	STA updateTile_01
	LDA tempChangeTiles+2
	STA updateTile_02
	LDA tempChangeTiles+3
	STA updateTile_03

JSR HandleUpdateNametable
	LDA #$00
	STA testFlagThing
	STA tileCollisionFlag
+
;; END of the code used by the ChangeTileAtPosition

2/ Modify your Routines\Basic_NoScroll\System\LoadCollisionBytes.asm script:

Line 90, after the comment ";;; handle prize couner type tiles", add this block of code:
Code:
	LDA temp
	CMP #COL_INDEX_PRIZE
	BNE +
	INC screenPrizeCounter
+

Line 120, after the comment ";; handle prize counter loads here.", add this block of code:
Code:
	LDA temp
	CMP #COL_INDEX_PRIZE
	BNE +
	INC screenPrizeCounter
+

Now you should have your HUD working again (and the collectable/breakable tiles too)

digit2600

I'm using the basic no scroll engine... I've changed several tile types to be pickup types via code.. could this be why my hud is going crazy? I've since realized it's easier to npc pickups...

dale_coop

Staff member
In the Basic_NoScroll core, the TextBox system looks like broken (when the textbox is removed the tiles are not restore correctly at the right place).
Can't fix it, someone with more knowledge in that system should take a look (I would need days to figure out why...).

Top Bottom