NESmaker Wiki

SpiderDave

I started a wiki.
https://nesmaker.fandom.com/wiki/NESmaker_Wiki

Reasons:
* There isn't one already.
* The video tutorials are nice, and there's a lot of them, but it's too much to watch if you only need one small bit of information from it, and hard to go back to as a reference.
* The forum has a lot of good information, but it's cluttered, hard to search, and not very organized.
* The discord has a lot of good information, lots of helpful people, but it's not as good as a reference to learn.

Plan:
I'd like the wiki to serve as a very newbie-friendly reference, but still useful to the expert.

Feel free to help add some content, fix mistakes, and check it out.

Dirk

I think that's a great idea and hope some information on the forum gets transferred to the wiki, as it is indeed a bit hard to find it here sometimes.
The discord is a kind of parallel universe for me and I have a hard time using it in a productive manner compared to the forum or a wiki.

marp

I'm always lost in Discord channels and stuff gets left behind in the forum, so I think a Wiki is a great idea. I will bookmark it and try to add stuff as I go forward. =)

mouse spirit

Wonderful idea and its well done already, thank you.
I logged into fandom but couldnt edit. Maybe i dont have permission.
I would like Almika to be in wip, and to have a section seperated well with helpful links like....
4.1.5/4.5.2
Huds- sprite,tilebased
Melee- sprite,object based
Jumping-player,a.i.,other uses-different methods

And then there will be all different helpful links for each,mostly linked to a dale_coop response.

edit: i will try again. i will try to put up my wip.Thanks again for this.

mouse spirit

I was able to edit on my laptop, wasn't able to on my phone though, which is fine .
So i made a help with page. I am trying to set it up with all the good info that most people
ask for.
I am not trying to add everything.
Only the best solutions or answers for the most common/wanted stuff.
And the links only go to good clean answers/examples/tutorials.
Heres the link to see what i mean. https://nesmaker.fandom.com/wiki/Help_with_....?veaction=edit

PasseGaming

The only issue I see is that as soon as another version of NES maker gets spat out, it's going to get confusing as older scripts typically not work. I know the logic is there but not everyone understands the logic (namely me and many others) and also may not understand that older scripts wont work with newer builds. I've seen it happen a bunch already.

Top Bottom