smooth 4 directional movement with no glitches 4.1.5

Logana

so i have been using nesmaker for a while and a glitch with the walk scripts make it so when you hold up then hold left aswell next to two solid walls it would make your character a gargle of all
the sprites you have made for your player and originally i made it so you would hold down up and down and only press for left and right but that would make the movement lock for a second
they way i made this more smooth is to have it have left and right be pressed and then add the scripts a second time but with it being held down, i hope i explained that a little bit okay

mouse spirit

Well a garbled mess can happen for a few reasons so maybe we can fix that somehow.
Maybe 2 animation are trying to "happen" because of conflicts.(maybe possibly)
Or maybe you have a different amount of frames for some animations? Like if you left walk has more frames than up walk or right walk, it can cause issues i think.
If its only against solids then im not sure.
Somone else can maybe explain better.

Logana

It’s fine I figured out a workaround that ended ups being really easy and still feeling like it smooth movement, I have the same amount of frames on all my walk animations so I don’t think it’s the frames but I’m fine since I figured out how to fix it

mouse spirit

Do be aware of the frame thing though. Like within an animation group, they all basically have to be the same amount of frames.
Sounds like you got it all good though.

Top Bottom