Game Over Special Screen

Raftronaut

Re: Game Over Special Screen

Post by Raftronaut » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:21 pm

However, i encountered another error. I got the game over script working, but my HUD is showing random tiles under my player lives variable. Is it possible the code isn't telling the game how many lives to award the newly spawned player? Is it possible to add this?
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:25 pm

You have the glitch when? On the GameOver screen? After that? When restarting the game?
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
Raftronaut

Post by Raftronaut » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:34 pm

Yes,

Ok, after testing further I discovered that the code works correctly when I press the start button to reset. The HUD functions correctly after respawn.
What I had done is set a timer for an NPC monster to serve as some text on my Game Over screen. At the end of the timer I have the NPC performing a RESTART GAME action so that my GAME OVER JINGLE does not loop around and play again. This action resets my game, but my HUD Is glitching and showing random hud tiles instead of the numbers I used to keep count on player lives. I have screen shots to illustrate, but I am not sure how to post images on the forums yet.

The action for "reset game" in the monsters > Object Details> Actions ... where can I find this script? In My routines folder? I assume the script is missing an action step or something...
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:59 am

The action for "reset game" is set in the "Project Settings > Script Settings"... might be the "Action Anim End 7" element.
-----
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Wed May 22, 2019 9:31 pm

Edit one of my script in the first page, in order to fix a warp coords in the Game Over Screen (now it should use the warp in coords x,y set for the screen).
-----