How Would I Make Top Bounds Hurt or Kill The Player?

TolerantX

How Would I Make Top Bounds Hurt or Kill The Player?
I am making a shooter module game (*and myLives HUD variable) and was wondering how to make the handle top bounds kill the player for touching the top of the screen or to a lesser extent, perhaps wounding the player for foolishly hitting the top of the screen. (possibly even a knockback moving the player down when they come in contact with the top)
Monsters and objects would treat the top as solid still and still act accordingly.
Please if anyone knows how to do this please help.
Thank You

SciNEStist

There are 2 ways I can think of. 1 Would be to add a new tile type that kills players and line the top of the screen with that tile type.

The other easier option would be to modify the scripts: under "Defined Scripts" , "Handle Top Bounds" is the one you are looking for. It links to "DoTopBoundsUpdate.asm" that is the code that executes when hitting the top of the playable area. Currently it warps you to the next screen up, but it could be erased and replaced with all the code from the "handle player death" script. This would kill the player if they touch the top of the playable area bounds.

I would like to be able to jump up into the hud area and. Or move to the next screen unless the playee object are on stairs or the right area with in a screen

Top Bottom