Is there a way to use BeepBox sounds on NesMaker?

pit.baldriz

Hi guys!

I was wondering if there is a way to use the sounds created with beepbox.co on the NesMaker? Maybe there is a way to export/transform the files?

Thanks!

Raftronaut

nope,

There is no way to use beepbox for anything other than making WAV files or midi files. You'll need to download famitracker and use this to make the audio files that NESmaker can actually read.

I got into 8bit music through discovering beepbox a couple of years back, so I wish there were a way. I still use beepbox for sketching out ideas, having the notation there helps me input the correct notes into famitracker as well. Its still a great tool for 8bit music.

There are some good tutorials for getting started with famitracker out there, but be aware it is a very different beast and there is a learning curve, Ultimately famitracker is much more versatile

Feel free to post any questions you may have about famitracker on the forums as well

good luck!

pit.baldriz

Raftronaut said:
nope,

There is no way to use beepbox for anything other than making WAV files or midi files. You'll need to download famitracker and use this to make the audio files that NESmaker can actually read.

I got into 8bit music through discovering beepbox a couple of years back, so I wish there were a way. I still use beepbox for sketching out ideas, having the notation there helps me input the correct notes into famitracker as well. Its still a great tool for 8bit music.

Thanks a lot for the answer! I find BeepBox very easy to use and Famitracker a little bit difficult. I just want to make some simple sounds to test on my game. Maybe I should just hire someone that understands the software in order to make some simple sounds and tracks.

Beepbox looks way more complicated to me. Check out Joe's music tutorial on the main Nesmaker page. He shows how to get a song and SFX going in famitracker right quick.

Raftronaut

yeah, joe's tutorial is how I got my feet wet with famitracker and have been coasting ever since. It's really not that hard, just takes some getting used to

rimoJO

Can beepbox export to midi? if so, you can use early versions of ft to use midis. for more information, please refer to my guide on the music forum.

pit.baldriz

Thanks for your help rimoJo¡O! I tried your tutorial, but I don´t understand how to use the midi file on famitraker :(

rimoJO

Well, one commonly misunderstood detail is that you have to download ft [/i]again[/i], you just have to download version 0.4.2 or lower- I use 0.4.2 because of its midi support. hope that helps.

actually i'll go back and edit that post lol

EDIT: Actually, in 0.4.2, the path for midis is file>import midi. And as I said in my tutorial, the main melody of your song should be in channel 1, background melody in channel 2, anything in the triangle in c3, and drums and other kinds of beats in channel 4. Don't forget to change the instruments and the speed!
For more information, please visit the tutorial
hope that helps even more than it already did

rimoJO

Ok! Just a bit of information on FT, the only reason they removed MIDI support is because it doesn't work most of the time, so I'd recommend using it on only simple songs. With that, have fun!

Top Bottom