Music for NES games

MisthaLu

Hello!

IndieGameMusic.com is a free service for musicians to put their tracks on display for indie gamedevs to use in their homebrew games - or for gamedevs and musicians to hook up for game projects.

It is not a new site. It's been running for over a decade. (And the design needs to be updated - so much to do, so little time).

Compared with other online music libraries, IndieGameMusic.com offers more than just mp3 and ogg files. Its main focus is in fact the more "exotic" formats, like the 4-channel MOD format used on Amiga and others. Or XM / IT / S3M. Formats like XMF and MMF and MIDI too.

I'm posting here to tell you that I recently added another category of music called "Chip". This can be used for any kind of chip-tracker formats like the ones used for NES. A bunch of new tags were also added to be used to identify what platforms a chip track is usable on; for example "Nintendo NES".

So I'm hoping that various musicians here will add some NES tracks to the site, to make IndieGameMusic.com interesting to NES gamedevs too. (And remember to add mp3/ogg versions of your tracks too - there are gamedevs on other platforms who likes to use chip music in mp3 format).
If you're making NES music anyway, why not try to make a little pocket money on it?

https://indiegamemusic.com/aregister.php

Thanks for reading.

dale_coop

Staff member
An ad for your website in your first post....!? Do you really think that's acceptable? ... hum

MisthaLu

Well if it isn't, I'm sure an admin will remove it again.

I noticed in another thread here that someone was asking for a place to find music for NES games.
IGM has been running as a free service for over a decade. Allowing musicians to make some pocket money on their music, and gamedevs to find cheap music for their games. And since I recently added "chipmusic" as a filetype, the site is now able to offer exactly what was requested - so naturally I had to present it here. Just trying to do you a favor.

Keep in mind, I'm not selling anything here. I never made any money on the site myself. In fact, it's an expense for me. I merely created the site and made it available for everyone for free, simply because I have a passion for homebrew - like everyone else here.

Top Bottom