Learning Famitracker

iridium_ionizer

While there are Famitracker forums (http://famitracker.com/forum/), I though it might be helpful to have some links to Famitracker tutorials on these forums for those just starting out. It might also be helpful to have some tips specifically for those trying to create Famitracker files that will be capable of being imported into NESMaker.

The Basics of NES Music Limitations
from Quora
from Famitracker wiki
2.5 minute explanation of the 5 NES sound channels
9 minute comprehensive explanation of old-school video game music

Famitracker Tutorials
btothethree's Famitracker tutorial
The same guy's video tutorial playlist

Other Tips, Questions, Thoughts
I lost about 30 minutes of time when I was creating instruments because I cloned the instruments, changed them, cloned them again, and I didn't realize until I had finished a few different instruments that they were all linked together (this might be a bug). You can avoid this by saving your instruments as fti files after you finish each one.

Also there are a lot of good answers regarding workflow and other possible music tools in this thread.

Also here is an annotated staff so you can transfer from sheet music (hopefully for your own creations, arrangements of public domain music, or drastic changes to other music).

staff labeled.png

chronosv2

That staff is awesome! Thanks for the share!
As for the linked instruments, it all comes down to the number to the right of each enable-able feature.
For instance, you can have 6 instruments that use Volume Envelope 01.
Gotta' make sure to click that "Use next available slot" button or whatever it's called under the selection box.

Top Bottom