Instruments Must Be Well Defined

nroflmao

I just spent a few hours troubleshooting why i couldn't import some FamiTracker files. It was complaining the file was bad. I found that it can be very sensitive to instruments even the ones you aren't using. I had some default instruments set up and happened to have some of the options checked (Volume, Pitch, etc) but they were defined with 0 size, and this seemed to give me an error when importing into NesMAKER even though I wasn't using the instruments.

It gave me two different errors due tot his, one was "verify that this is a valid file, the given key was not present in the dictionary"
and also "value cannot be null, parameter name: s"

Artix

SOLUTION! Thanks to everyone on the Facebook group for pointing these things out.

In Famitracker, go through each of your instruments and turn Arpeggio off if you are not actually using it. Not 100% sure if arpeggios work at all. But disabling it inside the instruments solved this for me.

Also, grab the newest version of NES maker. 4.1.1 should be live on the site by the time anyone reads this.

Battle on!
Artix

CutterCross

Artix said:
SOLUTION! Thanks to everyone on the Facebook group for pointing these things out.

In Famitracker, go through each of your instruments and turn Arpeggio off if you are not actually using it. Not 100% sure if arpeggios work at all. But disabling it inside the instruments solved this for me.

Also, grab the newest version of NES maker. 4.1.1 should be live on the site by the time anyone reads this.

Battle on!
Artix

Arpeggio envelopes work just fine with NESmaker, starting from version 4.0 and beyond. I use them all the time in my soundtracks, and I've never had any import errors concerning them.

Top Bottom