creating sections in Famitracker?

Raftronaut

Is it possible to create sections within famitracker to arrange verse/chorus structures once all the notes are laid out? Or do they need to be worked right into the loop?

For instance it would be great to write a part "a" with no melody muted on SQ channel 1 and have it run once or twice before SQ channel 1 starts playing as an intro before switching to a normal A-B A-B Verse/chorus situation.

Is this possible or am I crazy for wanting this?

best,

Kasumi

If I'm understanding, you want an intro to play exactly once in the beginning, and then never repeat for as long as the song continues playing?

For Famitracker: The rightmost section of every channel allows you to place effects. Bxx is the effect for going to a different frame. The XX is which frame.

So if your Square channel is muted in frame 00, and starts playing in frame 01, at the end of your song you could place B01, and the song would loop there.

For GGSound/NES Maker: You need to place a BXX effect in every channel (presumably in the same row in every channel) for it to loop properly. It also claims all BXX effects must be using unique patterns. This could mean you're only meant to use the effect in only one pattern per channel. And then use this one pattern only once per song. Or a few other things, I'm actually not sure.

In case you're asking how to repeat sections, which is how I initially interpretted the post.
alRhJc8.png

The frames section of famitracker lets you repeat a pattern in a channel by using the same number. So in that example, Square 2 repeats the same notes four times in a row, while square 1 plays 3 unique sections.

CutterCross

Kasumi said:
If I'm understanding, you want an intro to play exactly once in the beginning, and then never repeat for as long as the song continues playing?

For Famitracker: The rightmost section of every channel allows you to place effects. Bxx is the effect for going to a different frame. The XX is which frame.

So if your Square channel is muted in frame 00, and starts playing in frame 01, at the end of your song you could place B01, and the song would loop there.

For GGSound/NES Maker: You need to place a BXX effect in every channel (presumably in the same row in every channel) for it to loop properly. It also claims all BXX effects must be using unique patterns. This could mean you're only meant to use the effect in only one pattern per channel. And then use this one pattern only once per song. Or a few other things, I'm actually not sure.

In case you're asking how to repeat sections, which is how I initially interpretted the post.
alRhJc8.png

The frames section of famitracker lets you repeat a pattern in a channel by using the same number. So in that example, Square 2 repeats the same notes four times in a row, while square 1 plays 3 unique sections.

Last time I checked, NESmaker doesn't recognize the BXX effect at all, even if it's set up in every channel at once. I haven't yet tested this with 4.1.0, but I wouldn't be surprised if it still doesn't work.

Raftronaut

Yes,
this is certainly what I was meaning by my explanation. To have an intro play once before it starts looping the verse/chorus structure.

Is there a 2nd way to accomplish this without the BX column?

Even though I have been fooling around with Famitracker the past few months I am still a relative rookie, so your help is very much appreciated.

:)

Raftronaut

Or for instance, If I have a verse that needs to repeat twice before switching to the chorus once, is there a short cut to loop the verse twice before it moves onto the chorus? Or do I have to notate that all out?

CutterCross

Raftronaut said:
Yes,
this is certainly what I was meaning by my explanation. To have an intro play once before it starts looping the verse/chorus structure.

Is there a 2nd way to accomplish this without the BX column?

Even though I have been fooling around with Famitracker the past few months I am still a relative rookie, so your help is very much appreciated.

:)

One way is to split your intro and chorus into 2 different songs and find a way to string them together.

Top Bottom