Hole Tile

It's the last 2 days before the deadline, and I only need one thing to make my demo almost entirely functional! I'm looking to make a tile that freezes player input, plays an animation (in my case I think it'll be Effect 1) and then respawns the player where they entered the room with one less health. I'm trying to make a tile that reacts like a hole, having the player take fall damage and reset them to the start.

dale_coop

Staff member
My first thought would be to dulicate the make a script similar to CreatePlayerDeathObject.asm... just replacing the #OBJ_PLAYER_DEATH constant with one for your case (#OBJ_PLAYER_HOLE) and declare this constant with the value "9" (your Effect 1) in the "Project Settings > User Constants".
Then set your Effect 1 end of animation to "Restart game" and use checkpoints for your player respawn.

DanielT1985

dale_coop said:
My first thought would be to dulicate the make a script similar to CreatePlayerDeathObject.asm... just replacing the #OBJ_PLAYER_DEATH constant with one for your case (#OBJ_PLAYER_HOLE) and declare this constant with the value "9" (your Effect 1) in the "Project Settings > User Constants".
Then set your Effect 1 end of animation to "Restart game" and use checkpoints for your player respawn.

I was wanting to have a tile that not only does that, but it disables all of the controls until a teleportation takes the player out of it. I was wanting to use it for cutscenes and custom transition screens. IDK if that can be done tho, but I think CutterCross did that for the Tower of Turmoil.

Top Bottom