Better TestBat.bat

SpiderDave

When you use the "Export and Test asm" button in NESMaker it runs a batch file named TestBat.bat (located in GameEngineData). I don't like how you have to press a key every time it runs, so here's a little upgrade:

Code:
@echo off
asm6 MainASM.nes game.nes demo.txt 1>log.txt 2>&1

if exist game.nes goto theend

pause

theend:

If there are no errors, it will run the emulator immediately instead of having to press a key. If there are errors, it will pause so you can read the error. It will also log all output to a file log.txt (which is overwritten each time). There are a few old threads of this, but they're out of the way and don't have it exactly the way I do it.

Artix

This... is the greatest thing ever! I had been manually changing the TestBat.bat each time, REM'ing out the line unless I was coding, in which case I needed to switch it back.

Thank you so much.

dale_coop

Staff member
But if there is any error, the batch window will close... a even better one would be just:
Code:
@echo off
asm6 MainASM.nes game.nes demo.txt

if exist game.nes goto theend

pause

theend:

If there is no error, the window closes... and if error it remains open, displaying the error.

slobu

Hopefully there's a way to officially submit suggestions to Joe. I'm sure having a .BAT file that pauses is great for debugging NES Maker and advanced users. For dead end users like me I'm still working on my own lack of knowledge using the software and the errors that come up whilst in the software.

I might go as far as suggesting the output be funneled back into a memo field in NES Maker proper so we never leave the GUI.

Top Bottom