Character does not move

GameBuilder3010

When I start my game, my character doesn't move, but still has its walking animations. I have followed the tutorials on YouTube, and have set a speed and acceleration for my character, but the same problem occurs even on other emulators. I am not sure how this has happened.

dale_coop

Staff member
Make sure:
- you set both the Speed and Acceleration on your Player's details.
- set the "screen uses gravity" flag on your screen Infos, if you are making a platformer game.
- use the MovementScripts that are located in the subfolder "Adventure" or "SimplePlatformer"! (the ones that are directly in the "MovementScripts" folder are not meant to be used with the default modules).

dale_coop

Staff member
Can you share a screenshot of your “Input Editor”?
Is it a platformer or an top down game?

Mattroid

I imagine by now this has been resolved but also make sure your screen's game state is set properly (presumably 'Main Game'). This is just under the Tile Layout button when viewing a screen. I had a similar issue and it was driving me nuts but my game state was set to 'Start Screen'...oops :(

CutterCross

Mattroid said:
I imagine by now this has been resolved but also make sure your screen's game state is set properly (presumably 'Main Game'). This is just under the Tile Layout button when viewing a screen. I had a similar issue and it was driving me nuts but my game state was set to 'Start Screen'...oops :(

To allow object movement / action states on screens other than Main Game in 4.5.6, just comment out these lines in doHandlePhysics:

Code:
	;;;;;;;;;;;; CUSTOMIZATION: IGNORE PHYSICS IF NOT ON MAIN GAME MODE
	;	LDA gameState
	;	BEQ +doHandlePhysics
	;		JMP skipPhysics
	;	+doHandlePhysics

Top Bottom