adding mapper 30 support to existing emulator?

wallmasterr

How in-depth is it to add mapper 30 support to an existing emulator?
Is there a standard file that can be plugged into emulators or do they all deal with it differently?

dale_coop

Staff member
It might be easier to just change the header or your rom (to "Mapper 2" with iNES Header Chercker for example) to make your rom working on emulator that doesn't support Mapper30 than opposite.

wallmasterr

Ye thats what i have been doing , what features do we miss out on by doing this? everything seems good so far.
For context, this is for the Dreamcast emulator, for porting nes games.
I was gonna pay a programmer to do the mapper 30 stuff to future proof the project and allow other NESmaker devs to use it too.

Saving, but dont have that?
Animated tiles but kinda don't have that ether..

dale_coop

Staff member
Mapper 30 functionalities like saving, animated tiles would not work with a Mapper 2 header. But in nesmaker, currently those functionalities are not implemented (yet).
Also, that fake header will work only for Emulators, not for making carts (in that case, you still needs mapper 30 boards)

mouse spirit

My buddy and i got some un 512 boards and threw a zip socket on there so i can reburn the same eeprom easily. Got it working and i tested my game on an nes today. It was a great experience to share with my long time friend
. He had to simply update his old emulator to test my rom and look at whether it needed to be on horizontal or vertical n stuff..

Joe_Cracker

Mapper 30 support needs to be added to IMBNes(PS1) and PocketNES(GBA) it has been added to MednafenX-NES_Xbox(OG Xbox) and I would love to see that happen. It has been added to a NES emulator for Dreamcast but I want to focus on the other retro hardware that most people own.

dale_coop

Staff member
Mapper 30 support needs to be added to IMBNes(PS1) and PocketNES(GBA) it has been added to MednafenX-NES_Xbox(OG Xbox) and I would love to see that happen. It has been added to a NES emulator for Dreamcast but I want to focus on the other retro hardware that most people own.
Cool. What is that nes emulator for Dreamcast?

I would LOVE Mapper30 on GBA

Top Bottom