Official NESmaker Discord

Hey guys,
I'd like to invite you all to come and join us over at the official NESmaker Discord server, at 152 members at the time of writing this,
the server is getting a lot more traffic, and is growing to be a great place to hang out!
If you're new to NESmaker, or Discord please feel free to ask questions, Staff and members alike are more than happy to help you out.

We have a few simple rules to keep the server tidy and inviting, so please be sure to read the "#rules" channel when you join.
If you would like to share progress on your game, or would just like to chat with other NESmakers, come on over!

Anyway good luck with all your games, and most importantly, happy NESmaking!!!

-Red

Permanent Invite link:

https://discord.gg/X6PaYKV

dale_coop

Staff member
A place for chatting, divided in several channels (by theme), like Messenger or IRC... Many of us are connected there during day time, you can talk and if you have a question, you can ask directly... people online can reply directly.

dale_coop

Staff member
I prefer the forums, too. Slower pace ;) But sometimes, to talk live with people, it's fun to go there and tchat <3

Gendgi

Discord is what the "cool kids" use nowadays instead of this old school forums lol, but yeah this are slower paced and can be better to keep that "niche" group of people, on the other hand Discord is the future so its also good to have an "eye" out for that lol :)

dale_coop

Staff member
But on Discord you can write tutorials... for people who will need it in 1 month or 1 year.
Discord is more a instant place, you ask, you reply.

So, for me, both are complementary. Forum is a place to store, archive,...
Discord for a instant help... like a "fast food" service".

PasseGaming

As far as I'm concerned, having so many separate groups only fractures the community. Not everyone is going to use either or both.

Bedsides you can write a tutorial here too. I feel discord is probably for those who know what they are actually doing. Instead of fumbling about, like myself.

dale_coop

Staff member
Agreed...
Also my mistakes I wrote tutorial on Discord... But I meant "on the forum, you can write tutorials... that will remain"
Because on discord, it will be forgotten in the abysses of the messages... it's not structured.

My place is here, on the forum.

Top Bottom