Gamegenie codes?

wallmasterr

Has anyone made nesmaker gamegenie codes? I would assume stuff like lives, unlocked items and screen positions would all be in the same place in memory for nesmaker games so if there one set out there others could work too?

Thought it would be cool to have this for our games

mouse spirit

I have not and dont know anyone who has but it seems simple enough. Although i am no expert. I think your assumptions are right.

wallmasterr

Iv did some sluething and foudn this really good video tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SYalZZ32qM

I used it on my game and I think the code for infinite lives is
UXGNKE

I tried this on doodle world too but the code didn't work it came out as something different

Try these codes in your games and see if it works. If not link me to the room demo and il see if I can figure it out :) this is fun and satisfying when it works

PasseGaming

The game genie is more or less a hacking device. So developers don't make codes for it within their games. It accesses different bits of the games code and perverts it. Thus getting different effects. You can actually sit down and toss in random codes and see how it effects a game. Sometimes it helps, most times it freezes the game up. I remember seeing a site that goes into detail of how it worked.

Gunsac

Has anyone made nesmaker gamegenie codes? I would assume stuff like lives, unlocked items and screen positions would all be in the same place in memory for nesmaker games so if there one set out there others could work too?

Thought it would be cool to have this for our games

I was just wondering about this myself as I encountered that there are no codes for NM Games.
So I started to test some myself for the neMULEsis demo, as it's kinda like contra and is a pretty though game, I haven't found any use full codes yet though, most just freeze the game. I don't use anything mentioned in that video I just enter random Game Genie Codes and test if they do anything or not and keep track of the ones that do something even a freeze up code can be reworked into a working code. Then I change up the Codes that did something to get different effects until I find a code that actually does something useful as there aren't any disassembly's of NM games anyway and the Hex Editor of FCEUX on a Mac doesn't work. I have never used a disassembler in my life.

The Code Hut Explains how the game genie works and how you can make codes but it's a little dated I guess.. It's a lot easier to make codes when there are already existing ones that you can modify which isn't the case for NM games.. A long time ago I used to Make or well find Game Genie Codes using Nesticle with it you could test your codes much faster.

Joe_Cracker

I’ve actually thought about this. Say for example if the rom on a cart is individually numbered or signed to be individual from the rest you could have a secret game genie code that loads you into a room or makes a secret door accessible and there you can read the unique number or signature.

Now you can create unique signature using any randomizer on the Internet but an actual game genie code would be needed to read it, you couldn’t read it normally.

This is what I’ve thought of as a potential anti-piracy measure but it would mean recompiling new roms for each cartridge run.

Top Bottom