People To Test And Play My Game

mouse spirit

I dont have credits in my game, just saying up front. But any help is much appreciated and i will certainly
mention you in the readme and forum as a playtester.
If i do have credits, i will absolutely include you.

I appreciate opinions, and love fixing bugs. I know we all wish that
i could add cool stuff to my game, but this is basically it.
That being said, use different save states , and try whatever you want.

Feel free to comment here or on the WIP forum.
The only thing i will say is that there is an EPILEPSY WARNING,
and press UP and HIT when you get projectiles.

My game is Almika, and a link should be below this sentence in my signature.

Logana

I will have a gander at this, I sorta know a little bit about it, I know it has palette cycleing, I’m just confused on how you got palette cycling to work with text because it always seems to mess up the diolog for me so on every room with an npc I need to turn off pallet cycleing

Jonny

Pretty good so far but I did find an issue with select button..

I couldn't figure out how to get off the first level so I went to the door in the tree and pressed select. I ended up on a cutscene talking to an old woman. However, I don't know if it was meant to happen because I pressed select elsewhere and dropped through the map and the graphics went all crazy (see below). I think its just whatever is assigned to the select button. I was probably trying to do somwthing I shouldn't but I didn't really know how to get off the first level.

Thankfully I got to see the other levels by pressing select and kinda cheating lol.

Apart from that I didn't find any other problems.

IMG_20201015_114635.jpg
IMG_20201015_114602.jpg
IMG_20201015_114824.jpg

Logana

the first thing i noticed was at the music was a bit to fast and a bit to short i kinda started anoying me after a while the second thing was that the heath meter kinda confuse me at first i kept on thinking i had 4 hits because when ever i got hit the heart would turn to a half heart and it confused the heck out of me, 3rd there are vary few check points that i could find and i couldnt mannage to get past the first level. some of the ups are that i love all of the idea like when a monster dies it turns into a butterfly that's amazing, as well as all the buitiful at assets but other than that its a really good game its just a little to hard because the check points are spread far apart

Logana

Also the level design is questionable. It gose from wow this is pretty hard to are you F ing minding me it was intentionaly designed to trough me right into some spikes

mouse spirit

Thank you both. I updated the rom to fix select button and other things.. It was for me to debug something. I will give better direction in the begining.
In the first level you talk to the lady in the tree, then go to the village, kill the slime, talk to the lady on the cliff, she tells you where to go.

As far as the difficulty, it should be easy until level 3. It may take getting used to i guess. I cant compare it to another game ive played exactly except maybe like battle kid. Today people would say... dark soulish. Meaning it is tough, but every like 10 screens there is a checkpoint.

Edit: so after the slime boss, go right, then up when you cant go right anymore. I will make the path more clear in my next update. Feel free to look at the map on my wip, it may help to atleast see level layouts

Lastly im sorry if its too tough for real. I never stopped playing nes games so im not too bad. Not only that but i know this game inside and out so its easier for me.

mouse spirit

I cant change the music im sorry. I lost my fami files and so it kinda has to stay unless i redo it all. I can understand not liking it much or getting sick of it.

mouse spirit

I see what you mean with the spikes. Like when you go to the next screen. I will fix spots that are bad about that.

Logana

All right, I would be willing to try and redo the entire soundtrack but idk it would take a long time and you would have to be okay with switching everything over, idk it’s your choice if yes I can work on it and then you can implement it in only if you approve of each song

Logana

Idk I’ve gotten a lot better at making music in famitracker and I have a little extra time to spare

Logana

Idk I’m just offering all the music is already really good so if you even think about it make an extra save so you have a version with the original music idk I’m dumb

mouse spirit

I appreciate that offer alot logana but i think itll be fine. Maybe it will grow on people. Thats very nice though. And you would be right to suggest that, but i just am so used to the soundtrack now and went through so much trouble to make it, i feel like i Have to use it.

mouse spirit

Awesome.Thank you! Yes i will update here in this next hour and let you know. I tried to fix everything i could that you both mentioned.

Top Bottom