[4.1.5] HUD issues...

SoulBlayzR

[media]https://youtu.be/7SSNapgL2hQ[/media]
1. The HUD changes colour on random rooms, seemingly when the screen's x is greater than 0.
2. Watch as I kill an enemy and get hurt at the same time. The number of hearts glitches out.
3. This has already been mentioned before but sometimes I have issues walking from screen to screen.

TurtleRescueNES

The workaround for the first issue is to paint all of the screen tiles underneath the HUD with the fourth palette. This can quickly be done by holding down the 'r' key. That should force the HUD to appear with the proper colors.

The second issue has been around for a while. My game has it too. I'm not aware of a fix at the moment.

The third issue has also been reported. If solid tiles on the left edge are preventing you from moving right, try moving the solid wall over one column and have walkable tiles on the first column. It may not be ideal, but it should let you continue to develop your demo until Joe returns and possibly issues a patch.

SoulBlayzR

jsherman said:
The workaround for the first issue is to paint all of the screen tiles underneath the HUD with the fourth palette. This can quickly be done by holding down the 'r' key. That should force the HUD to appear with the proper colors.

Your workaround didn't work for me...
1WwjL3R.png

(I also painted the row of tiles under it so you could see)

dale_coop

Staff member
In fact you need to paint the HUD area... of the next screen (because half of this HUD Area is painted with attributes from the next screen).
Give it a try...

TurtleRescueNES

This is going to sound crazy, but do the same for any neighboring screens left and right, even if they are unused. This is because the game actually loads two screens at once into memory.

phrotozoa

Heads up for anyone else who comes here looking for answers. If you paint all your HUD areas with the 4th palette and still have this problem and your screen does not have another screen beside it, create one and paint under the HUD there too.

going2maine

Sorry to dredge up an old one, but has anyone figured out the second bug on here?
Watch as I kill an enemy and get hurt at the same time. The number of hearts glitches out.

I've searched around and haven't found anything.

Top Bottom