Monsters Leaving the Screen and Taking the Player with Them

Rustocrat

So I'm getting close to finishing my demo and I've gotten to the point where I need to start adding monsters that attack the player. So I get one setup with its own AI and watched as it made a B-line for the nearest edge of the screen, but instead of reversing directions like I told it to, it triggered a screen transition that teleported my player to the neighboring screen and got him stuck in a wall. Now after making sure that all of my monster settings saved and it was set to reverse direction when it hits and edge, I figured that I must have found another bug.

At this point I've spoken to Jorotroid about it and he confirmed it. For some reason, a monster hitting an edge triggers the player's screen transition script.

Now in the meantime, Jorotroid has suggested lining the edges of the screen with monster block tiles until it gets resolved. But when the player realizes that monsters can't get within 1 tile of the edge, that's something that they can exploit.

So my question is, does anybody know why this happens? If so, how do we fix it.

Mugi

i use reverse direction edge reaction all the time and i've never ran into this.
what core/version/module are you running ?

dale_coop

Staff member
Rustocrat, I will take a look if I can find and fix it...
Mugi, yep... in the new core there small bugs like this. Currenlty I would say the basic core is the most stable to work with, until all those small bugs are fixed.

Top Bottom