underworld bug

digit2600

A bug I caught designing my dungeons, if you have two rooms next to each other with different tilesets, not sure if they're screen specific or bg, it prevents you from transitioning from room to room.

I.e.

In my underworld, if my level 1 and 2 dungeons are up against each other, and each use different tilesets, you won't be able to go from one room to the next, provided the next screen over is a different tileset...

Which means no zelda style puzzle piecing dungeons.

digit2600

After working on my dungeons more today, I found its not the tileset thing... there are screens on the underworld map that stop you at the left edge and will not allow backtracking. It's not every room, but I've stumbled upon a few so far...

Tishero

I have noticed that it is on all the odd columns.. It's a weird bug, but I've also noticed it happening on over world as well... The 3 bottom tiles for me act like a solid even though they are set to null.. I have a platformer btw

digit2600

Platformer as well. I noticed though, that in the overworld, it only happens it you have solid tiles on the right hand side of the screen, whereas on the underworld it happens regardless.

My temporary solution was just to use warp tiles at the edge of the screen

Top Bottom