Player glitches out when height is set to 8

SciNEStist

If the player asset is set to 8 (the current maximum), the game will not render them properly when testing in any emulator. Width doesn't seem to be an issue. 7 works fine as well.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yep it's a known issue... You can't make bigger than 7.
And even in some cases, if you have a lot of frames in your animations. you may have glitch with objects bigger than 5 maybe.

dale_coop

Staff member
SciNEStist said:
I apologize, I didn't see any existing reports in a cursory search.

No, don't apologize. I just wanted to say that, sadly, you right, you can't, there is an (old) issue, it is a limitation. And the devs know about it.

(I am aware that my english can sound like I am a asshole sometimes... sorry for that)

SciNEStist

So I begrudgingly dropped my character down to 7 sprites high by 6 wide, and it works much better. Problem now is that I can't get more than 3 frames of animation. the 4th frame always glitches out. Has anyone else ran into this?

Should we all be restricting ourselves to 4 X 2 sprites and lower for the time being?

dale_coop

Staff member
I think, we are limited in the total of sprites used for each animation: number_of_sprites_per_frame x number_of_frames_per_animation.
(And maybe limited to total of sprites used for each animation type: number_of_sprites_per_frame x number_of_frames_per_animation x number_of_animations_per_animation_type)

Lentoli

this is a skyrim se and this effect is only visible if enb is on.
And after some tests its only happens when im indoors on the outside its not visible and its ok, so i dont know what cause it

Top Bottom