illuzio571

Re: OFFICIAL 5.0 SUGGESTION THREAD!

Post by illuzio571 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:51 pm

dale_coop wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:02 am
illuzio571 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:38 am
As a colorblind person, this would help me immensely:

Changing the names on the Color Picker. Currently, they use names that I don't recognize as colors at all (like Olive or Magenta) simply because I can't tell the difference between some of them.

This is already customtizable... just open the "GraphicAssetList.xml" in a notepad and around the end of the file, you will see the colors names... just change it like you want ;)
I didn't know that!! Thank you so so so so much! :)
justadude

Post by justadude » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:10 am

Dear Joe.
I need 8x8 pixel tiles.
---------
gimme me chocolate milk
abstractlion

Post by abstractlion » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:37 am

Flasher updates / fixed driver installer , more accurate playback engine .
=ABSTRACT LION=
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:45 am

About the tool, something I didn't find (maybe it's already existing...) I would like to have the possibility to modify (rename/relocate) the project's GraphicAsset folder.
I had a "TestAdventureGame" graphics folder ("GraphicAssets\TestAdventureGame") with my test project.. but now wanted to rename my project into "MyGreatAdventureGame" so wanted to have the same for my graphics ("GraphicAssets\ MyGreatAdventureGame"). Can't find how to do that >_<
Would be great to have a change the project's graphic folder (or just modify the path?)...

Is this already existing?
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
codingkid01

Post by codingkid01 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Ability to export to .exe files, so if you want to make a game for computer rather than nes, so you dont need an emulator to run it, because that would be great!
chronicleroflegends

Post by chronicleroflegends » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:22 am

I know this is a pretty late suggestion, but something I am running into in the tool I feel could be easily improved:

Please improve the text box entry interface.

I am getting to the point where I am adding a lot of text to my game for story, and I am having to use a lot of trial and error to figure out if my textboxes show up correctly.

The tool wouldn't need to change much to make this much easier to use.

#1 Give us a character limit.
If you type in too many characters, eventually the textbox will overflow in the game and cause wierd behavior. That's fine, its just a memory limitation.
It would be helpful if instead of guessing when this happens though, have a total character count beside the textbox in the editor, with a warning if we reach/go past the safe character limit.

#2 Either make the textbox in the interface user-resizeable, or change it's size to reflect the size we made in the GUI boxes.
Right now we get a green box that acts as an indicator about what our textbox size is. Sadly it is useless the moment we use the >(more) character.
To fix this, either let us resize the boxes so we can test for the correct width 1 time and leave it there, or make alternating green/not green backgrounds.

Just some kind visual indicator in the interface for our text boxes so we can size our lines correctly without having to run the game after every single edit we do to the text.

In the absence of all those fixes though. Please make it a bit bigger at least lol.
Its really hard to work with.
~Do you believe in legends? ~
My Games: Nix: The Paradox Relic
Gregg Richardson

Post by Gregg Richardson » Sun May 12, 2019 7:49 pm

I don't spend much time on NESMaker. My biggest issue is I am using 1920x1080. In Game Object, Player, the sprite review looks so tiny. I am hoping you can add zoom in like 2X and 4X to make sprite review looks bigger. Hope you able to make play speed as same as Animation Speed.(In Game Objects, Player, Object Details, Actions Box) I am looking forward on new OFFICIAL NESMaker 5.0.
Redherring32

Post by Redherring32 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Given that I spend most/all of my time on the computer during the night, a built-in dark mode is still at the top of my list.

But I would also like some improvements in the pixel editor:
I would love to have some of the same shortcuts/conveniences that are in Gimp.

* Middle click and drag moves the view point of the work area around (this would be best for when zoomed in) so for example if you click and drag right the view area would move left.

* As someone said, I would love a variable zoom, both with a slider for laptop users, and actuated with the mouse wheel.

* I would also love it if there was a button to export the bitmap as a png with palette translation, as I find in some cases where I'm using my stuff in other tools, I have to spend a fair amount of time changing colors.

With all that taken into consideration, I find myself having to use a fair amount of external tools due to them being more convenient.
However the pixel editor has things that other tools don't, i.e. 1x1, 8x8, and 16x16 gridlines, so I always find myself coming back to the pixel editor for those features.
My current WIP game: Shadow: An Adventure In Monochrome, you can also find me over at the Community Discord.
rimoJO

Post by rimoJO » Tue May 21, 2019 10:31 pm

a mother-style turn based battle system! that'd be great!
Mystery Game status: Currently at least one in development. Stay tuned!
Razzie.P

Post by Razzie.P » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:34 am

NESMaker needs a method to easily add 3 features that are somewhat universal to gaming. The user should be able to easily added to any module.

1) An "easily added" Checkpoint and lives system for all modules. Many users (myself included) are struggling with having their game perform a basic staple of gaming. -- you die, and you restart the level (or from a checkpoint) You die X amount of times, and it's to the "game over" screen.

2) The ability to easily add a timers. This includes "total game" timers, as well as "individual level" timers.

3) An easy way to have your score diplayed at the final screen, whether it's "Game Over!" or "You Win!"