How about a pause input? (4.5 and beyond)

PasseGaming

I think it'd be nice to add pausing to our games. I looked around at some of the inputs available and I didn't see one.

PasseGaming

oh damn, I didn't think to look on the forums. lol, it was late and I had just spent the entire day trying to figure out some code. Thanks Dale, I am going to give it a try.

PasseGaming

Hmmm, it sort of worked. It paused the monsters and ship but the screen kept scrolling along. When unpaused the monsters returned as normal but the player object didn't... probably has something to do with the scrolling in my shooter.

dale_coop

Staff member
Then it's not woking for your scrolling project. I am sorry, can't help you (not allowed during the Byte Off).

PasseGaming

Fair enough, I'll nag you about it once ByteOff is over. I plan on actually completing this game and a pause function can wait. Besides, I have bigger coding fish to fry.

TolerantX

Fair enough, I'll nag you about it once ByteOff is over. I plan on actually completing this game and a pause function can wait. Besides, I have bigger coding fish to fry.
I like you PasseGaming. You are such a cool person. :) If you want to chat about NESmaker or do some coding or just chat... Hit me up.

Top Bottom