Forum Suggestion - New Member Vetting

Jonny

Maybe this has been mentioned before but surely admin are getting tired of all the bogus posts ?

Would a simple vetting system be possible to prevent bots from posting? For example, showing in some way that they're actually interested in NesMaker or even the same activation key as the software? The majority of people who want to post anything on here have bought NesMaker after all.

I guess it would'nt be an easy thing to implement but there's a lot of young folk / familys doing projects together who would prefer to not see those posts.

Any thoughts? Bad idea? Good idea?

TakuikaNinja

I agree. Maybe a question like "What game was NESmaker originally created for?" or a simple captcha would help deter bots.

Jonny

I didn't think of that! A captcha would be a much simpler solution.

I've edited my original post because I think I may have attracted more with the key words? Not sure but looks like theres a lot moe than usual this morning., :oops: sorry!

dale_coop

Staff member
The administrator of this forum is Joe Alonzo (on the NESmaker Facebook group)... Feel free to share your thoughts with him there.
we already fight for bots for years. Almost, everyday, I check all the new posts on the forum (twice a day, morning and night) and I delete all that spam posts and also ban the spambots.
They always posts in the "Gaming" section. I think it's one of the keywords ;)

Jonny

It must be a real pain to keep up to. That ban list must be huge!
Maybe a rocket launcher would be more effective on these spam posters.

This has given me an idea for a game.

Gendgi

yeah I am super new here and I think I already reported 3 or 4? lol but mad respect for the mods over here ...keep up the good cleaning work!

Jonny

dale_coop said:
I am not alone on that ;)
But I could suggest to Joe Alonzo to add more mods, yeah.

Those spam bots aren't gonna know what hit them. Mods from varied times zones would work well so when I sit down with my morning coffee, someone has already cleared the new posts :p

Jonny

I know all forum providers are not alike but I'd have thought there was some sort of filtering on all of them.
Certain words which are blocked from being submitted in a post in the first place.

dale_coop

Staff member
There is already filter and anti-bot system here on the forum. Security system implemented by Joe Alonzo.
It usually works for days, then bots (or spammers) find a way to come back.

Top Bottom