Nezumi

drexegar

Here is a game im working on while building my dream engine with the goodness of nesmaker making it possible. If I can get this done in less than 3 weeks realistically ill see if I can shimmy up beach master too.

Nezumi select screen ani.gif

Nezumi is a ninja arcade style game, based on some of my characters, takes place before the events of beach master.
More on the Story later when cut scenes are done.

What I have so far
- Menu System with START function (CONTINUE FUNCTION will be added later for levels and Still figuring out how to do the SOUND TEST)
- Ninja arcade style soundtrack with the coolest noise drums (Ive also covered some of my old ninja music track that fit nicely here just had to downgrade but the feeling is still there)
- Controls and Slashing (Thanks to Dale Coop for the melee code and help from other members here in nesmaker!)

What im aiming for
- storytelling cutscene
- boss battles
- bg animation with pallete swap (works on title screen see above)
- decent graphics

I suck at 6502 programming and to figure the workings of nes or make 2 craps of the amazing work the nesmaker team has put together.
And you can tell because I keep asking silly questions to small things I cant figure out.
BUT, nesmaker is now good enough to abuse variables to the fullest!
I LDA STA and CMP and JMP and + and ++ and labeled the crap out of custom variables and code from the good folks here

Was working on this animation,

Will post more as progress goes.

uVzRJS1.jpg
dWztBBk.jpg

ASh8pIn.jpg
HbpNiuf.jpg

Attachments

• Nezumi select screen ani (1).gif
    Nezumi select screen ani (1).gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,696

Mugi

man i love that title screen. so simple yet so pretty.

as for soundtest, there's the function "PlaySound" which iirc is just a macro that you can use to feed an index of the sound you want to play, you could propably whip up a screen with a cursor to change the track (increase the index) pretty easily.
i had a half baked sound test made that way but i just removed it since i figured i can just listen the tracks in famitracker x.x

err, it's "PlaySong" PlaySound seems to be more tailored for playing SFX than audio tracks. though technically both should work as either one takes an argument of sound index

drexegar

Mugi said:
man i love that title screen. so simple yet so pretty.

as for soundtest, there's the function "PlaySound" which iirc is just a macro that you can use to feed an index of the sound you want to play, you could propably whip up a screen with a cursor to change the track (increase the index) pretty easily.
i had a half baked sound test made that way but i just removed it since i figured i can just listen the tracks in famitracker x.x

err, it's "PlaySong" PlaySound seems to be more tailored for playing SFX than audio tracks. though technically both should work as either one takes an argument of sound index

The title screen is gameplay screen using up background and monster space.
I have a good idea to make the sound test, I just need to see what I can do to show big numbers on the screen. since the limit of states is 8 for animations and frames, i might have to use directions to try to get 0 - 9.
There also a play song script in nesmaker too, but ill check it out later.

drexegar

No nesmaker tonight cause i left my laptop adapter at work so i can't start working on my cutscene engine, but here are some preview graphics ive been working on:

lovers.png

nezumi1.png

yellowmask.png

drexegar

Mugi posted some cool fades by magically repairing some unfinished nesmaker code, I made one with a monster AI here using joes pallete code here a gif:

I only code the backgrounds for now, its a pain it checks every vaule to see what brightness its on (brightness being 00, 10, 20, 30) and when it sees a 0 vaules it will change to black and stay black!

NexumiFade.gif

drexegar

Mugi said:
that's pretty clever really, i wouldn't have thought of using objects for that tbh xD

Oh man yeah, I'm struggling, monster AI though is to slow at 1 sec, so hopefully I can maybe use the input scripts area to do faster coding, or I should use macros. I haven't learn macros yet, I could probably shub some of the code there but I don't know how macros can be called with out a monster script or controller script.

Crap I could probably write a macro for fading instead of copy and pasting the same code for every color vaule!

Mugi

if the monster AI is too slow, you could try making it based on animation end and set a really fast animation. then see if you can coax it into triggering faster maybe ?

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey guys, how to make fading work again? is there some fix to the code? or just a different code to use?
(Would like to add fade to black for my Start Screen, fade in ad fade out...)

Mugi

the handlefades.asm that uses the existing beginfade macro is incomplete and it takes some excessive rewriting to get it to set up and behave.
i will have to see if i manage to gobble up something for that later on.
if you simply want a fade on the start screen, simply from the side of saving code space, it's propably a better idea to use drexegar's method to do this.

drexegar

dale_coop said:
Hey guys, how to make fading work again? is there some fix to the code? or just a different code to use?
(Would like to add fade to black for my Start Screen, fade in ad fade out...)

Sorry Dale fading in is a whole new ballgame, I do have an idea to do it, by reading current values then storing them in temp and then raising brightness to the vaule, but ill gladly send you my fade code, which will probably turn into a macro in the future. Mugi if your interested just hit me a PM.

Mugi

maybe later on. If im honest with you, i've kinda had enough of fades for a while now. Lol.

dale_coop

Staff member
I understand.

drexegar said:
Sorry Dale fading in is a whole new ballgame, I do have an idea to do it, by reading current values then storing them in temp and then raising brightness to the vaule, but ill gladly send you my fade code, which will probably turn into a macro in the future. Mugi if your interested just hit me a PM.

Yep, I would be interested... would be fun to play with.

drexegar

Mugi said:
maybe later on. If im honest with you, i've kinda had enough of fades for a while now. Lol.

dont blame ya but thank you for the animation bit I totally didnt thought of that!!!!

Mugi

im not sure if it actually works, but iirc animations run pretty fast if you set the speed to 1, and if you make a 1 or 2 frame animation and use state changes to trigger the fade, it could work pretty fast i think.

drexegar

Mugi said:
im not sure if it actually works, but iirc animations run pretty fast if you set the speed to 1, and if you make a 1 or 2 frame animation and use state changes to trigger the fade, it could work pretty fast i think.

Wow it works Fast!! I got a crazy fast fade! I got to squeeze some time for a fade in code later

Top Bottom