WIP: Unbreakable Fates: Guidance of Illusion

red moon

This is coming along really well, I love the diagrams and tables you setup to visualize ideas, very inspiring!

Just showing some progress. Sadly Imgur only allows 60 secs of video. So I had to trim it. The original Video is on our FB page. Not that much of a difference though. Just a little longer.

[media]https://imgur.com/HqAQ9mr[/media]

I just started to develop the Sewers. So the tile will change over time. Also getting in the sewer wont be like that. I need to make an NPC to start a quest to access the sewers. All in due time.

I had to redo the Palettes a certain way that I can "ADD" more colors to tiles. lol not really add more, you just change the palette on screen with Q, W, E, R. Thats how i can make different colors for the tiles. It looks like i have to change the HandleText script to hide the player. I have to figure that out.

Enjoy and tell me what'cha think. Thanks Dale Coop. Without you and a few others I wouldn't even gotten this far. Please let me know if you can't see the video.

-------------------------------------------

red moon said:
This is coming along really well, I love the diagrams and tables you setup to visualize ideas, very inspiring!

Thank you. I've been doing that since my M.U.G.E.N days

red moon

Indeed, you’re making great progress...the signposting is a nice touch and each area has a distinctive look. I’ll be doing the same (using a w e r) to change as well once I flesh out more of the world in mark of the blood beast.

red moon said:
Indeed, you’re making great progress...the signposting is a nice touch and each area has a distinctive look. I’ll be doing the same (using a w e r) to change as well once I flesh out more of the world in mark of the blood beast.

Thank you. As always I am trying my very best. I spend about maybe almost 5 hours a day working on the stages alone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Sewers are nearly finished. I just need to add the monsters and the very few NPC that are needed there to open certain areas. I have to look back at some of the tutorials. I wanted originally to have the player bring back that crank to stop the water from running so they can pass through the pipe. The water itself would be an NPC to trigger it some how. If not then the other alternative way was to just click on the crank in a room which will trigger that screen to get rid of the running water. Any thoughts?
sewer-1.png
sewer-2.png

Working on the Mutated Rat Boss and deciding what to do with the AI. The Idea is to have the boss pop up randomly from the three big pips. Either to throw a fire ball, Extend his arm to hit, or popping his head to do one last thing. But I already know I will be needing help for that :_: the smaller pips are to spawn smaller rats while the boss is hiding in the pipe... but things will need to change once I know what can be done. Also I wanted to try and have the player deflect the fire ball back... buttttt....D:
boss-sample.png

Boss-Fire_Ball.gifBoss-Arm.gifBoss-Head.gif

red moon

This is amazing! Really inspiring; makes me want to start on a top down exploration game! I have to get through more of Mark first however. I am wondering if a key could be used to solve your crank/water/value issue. In that case, water acts as a door and the value is a key....
This looks great, nice level layout and very clear when it comes to where you are able to move...

red moon said:
This is amazing! Really inspiring; makes me want to start on a top down exploration game! I have to get through more of Mark first however. I am wondering if a key could be used to solve your crank/water/value issue. In that case, water acts as a door and the value is a key....
This looks great, nice level layout and very clear when it comes to where you are able to move...

Yeah, A key is the plan for now. Considering what isn't in nesmaker right now unless you know how to code; there is no inventory menu from what I heard. so obtaining items to hold and use it later is a no go. but yes it would just be a key in shape of a crane bring it over to a slot near the water and then have the water stop running.

Dirk

Looks really nice and I love the endboss mock-up with the giant rat. It already gives a good feel how it will play out once you've implemented the boss.

Hello wonderful people of the NESmaker community, I know its been a while since I've posted. With life situations coming and going it can pull you away from your projects. On top of that I have to admit, that seeing some of the wonderful work that are being done it does make me wanna give up especially when it comes to programming. I know Nesmaker makes us be a little at ease with it for simple stuff. But sometimes even the most simple can be so far. Any ways, Since then I have been trying to craft my 8 bit art style and I have to say I am about 95% achieving that style. So with that said I am happy with the art style and I can finally keep moving forward.

Big! BIG! BIG!!! Shout out to Dale. Honestly without him I would had given up.

--------

Title Screen: New!
Added Dale's code for blinking tiles and incorporated not only to the "Press start" I was able to add it to the "Twinkling Stars" So it won't look so flat. I want to say that the title screen is maybe 90% done? I may want to add a few more elements to it. Like pressing start plays a sound and goes to the next screen. And maybe putting something animated with sprites so that it doesn't again look so flat. Yes, I know its just a title screen. But we are in the year 2020, no one said to make NES games do the same as it did in the 80's.

Old Concept
729KG34.png

Final Concept
EGHINht.png

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDrWCnCoa_Y&feature=youtu.be[/media]

--------

Alex design: It was a mix between a Chibi and old style design that now came out the way it was needed. I had to make either a black outline or darker tone because of the item(s) sharing the color palettes.

Alex Mugen Tile Set: Updated!
I had to do a lot of revisions to Alex's Tile set. I can't tell you how many different versions I came up with. I had to cut down so much including his animations. You have to understand that I came from the Mugen community where you barely had any restrictions and I love adding fluency to my animations. With 8 Bit you have to be precise with where you put your pixel. One out of place ruins the whole thing. I even Did a poll in FB to get feed back on which version of Alex would be best. Because of that Poll and minor feed back I finally got the version I was looking for. Thank you!

This images shows when I started to develop Alex. Man it looked really bad. But look how far I've come alone.
qACOPJS.png

Alex tiles has the following:

Movement Animations (Done)= Idle x4, Walk x4, Swim x4, ClimbX1 (Frames are flipped), JumpX1 (Incase may or may not use jump. It won't be used for input more like a state action. Instead of Link's bridge or Jazeta's Rainbow)
Attacking Animations (Done)= x4, Weapons NQ+HQ, Spells (Still deciding the elemtals which will be used more with game play)
Death animation (Done)
Hold Items (Done)
Drop Items (Done)= but still deciding what's best for the game.

--------

Beginning Area Tile Set: Updated! Thanks to Patricio Pereira

As you see with the pictures here. I used Black heavenly in my tiles and then I realized that the black was draining a lot of the colors once Patricio pointed that out. On top of that if I wanted to do anything that involved going behind the tile for secret path or just over all traveling styles that the character would be poking out any where you see black. Of course playing certain games I admire having the character like go behind trees and youll see him through the leaves but that will only work in a very crowed area to have it transition right. So I scrapped that idea. Now the only thing that will have black lines are to a point will be metal or stone shading and again it depends what I am looking for and what I want to do.

RAtjFiz.png

---------

First Boss is complete: Thanks to Dale we were about to incorporate it. I hope it didnt drive him crazy. I will show him more once I am able to add the things that Alex needs especially questing to that location to fight him in the sewers.

Mv9ANk7.png
jl5pNTm.png
FBhthTK.png

---------

What am I working on now? A lot! And one of them is the cut scenes. This is just an example of what I am drawing out.

FWjRzes.gif

I am at the same time working on populating the areas that I have created. A lot to do for one person but I am enjoying every bit of it. Of course it can be frustrating when you want to incorporate something that you cant program/code. At times I am afraid to ask for those code when i see someone has accomplished it because coming from the mugen scene a lot of programmers hated to share their coding mean while they rip the shit out of sprites and don't even give credit to those people.

I am hoping to adding swimming in certain areas. I added the one that Dale gave us but it can definitely be upgraded to be used well among other things which I will keep you guys posted when I get there. Oh forgot to mention I added the pause function as well but all of this will be useless once the new Nesmaker update is available lol

Atarath

This is looking great, especially that boss! Is the music in the video representative of what you are working on? I really like it.

Yes, this is how I imagine the start/title screen music would be like or more ambitious to set the mood of the adventure. And yeah, I had my doubts on the boss but it came out better than I expected especially on the NES. So much to do lol

Impressive stuff, well done. I like the colors. I think all your Alex versions looked pretty good. Good choice on limiting the usage of black color

nathanlurker said:
Impressive stuff, well done. I like the colors. I think all your Alex versions looked pretty good. Good choice on limiting the usage of black color

Thanks Nathanluker. I have majorly updated the tiles and other things. Especially the sewer. Looks nothing like the video. Right now I am just working on populating the done areas for now. There are still things that need to be implemented but im not going to bash my head in to do it now.

Top Bottom