RPG Time!

dale_coop

Re: RPG Time!

Post by dale_coop » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:54 pm

You could make your own module with all those modifications. (...And maybe share with the community ?)
-----
I know... my english is not perfect
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
My son's game: KUBO 3
Nishi

Post by Nishi » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:04 am

PasseGaming wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:48 pm
Sounds awesome, if you dont mind sharing your scripts. I know many people would love nothing more then to make their own rpg. Been asking for a tutorial for awhile now with no luck.
dale_coop wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:54 pm
You could make your own module with all those modifications. (...And maybe share with the community ?)
I need to make it past the design phase first and get a working Alpha game. Right now I'm hoping to have a working Alpha of the game... next month. But that's only really going to be a few monsters, two towns, the shops and a few NPCs. There's a few things that I still need to work past that NESMaker can't do. Like more then two map areas. The over-world I want to have as the world map, the underworld was going to be the towns and other areas (cave, dungeon, forest, ect.) The issue with this I'm going to run out of map space really fast.

To fix this I have to change the map info after its made/done, and manually point warp points to the right spots. Sadly this has to be done EVERY TIME you want to change the area in the cave/dungeon on the other map.

Sharing the scripts... Is this before or after I change them from C to assembly? :P

Issues with doing my own module/tutorial... This isn't for the faint of heart, or anyone that wants a social life. Besides already fixing the map issue, ahead of time there's still making all the warp points work when there's more then one on the screen and making sure the "warp here" points all work.

Right now in the first town I have two warping points that goes into the weapon shop, and one that goes into a NPC house. They both work! Bad news is when going back to the town map from the NPC house, the PC tends to warp outside of the shop 80% of the time. 15% of the time the warp works. 5% of the time I'm somewhere else on the map, and if it's on a solid zone... reset time!

This is a LONG way from being done.
Jonny

Post by Jonny » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:39 am

Nishi wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:04 am

Right now in the first town I have two warping points that goes into the weapon shop, and one that goes into a NPC house. They both work! Bad news is when going back to the town map from the NPC house, the PC tends to warp outside of the shop 80% of the time. 15% of the time the warp works. 5% of the time I'm somewhere else on the map, and if it's on a solid zone... reset time!
If you could do a video or screenshots showing all the screen settings, collisions and what's happening, someone might be able to help. I've had wierd stuff happening when there's differences between the screen settings in the warp out and warp in screen, like monster groups/palettes etc but I'm not using the same base module as you. Could have been purely coincidental but you can try it for nothing. Check collisions, what you're warping onto, move the locations as a sanity check. Can't think of anything else sorry.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Game: BAD HARE DAY
Youtube: JONNY'S YOUTUBE
Twitter: JONNY'S TWITTER