Bullet Bros Nes

drdocker

I've been working on a full Bullet Bros game for the last 4 years using Unity but NesMaker has got me hooked! I've decided to make an nes version that I'll include with the game via unlock or maybe some kind of easter egg. Here is a screenshot and early gameplay footage.

Video Link:
https://youtu.be/Dm18w5GPiVU

BulletBros_Nes_Screen01.png

del inf3rno

Very cool! You're tileset is great and flows seamlessly. The character movement is nice and smooth as well. What kind of enemies do you have planned? And welcome to the boards!

Sweet graphics,
I would compliment the colors, but what do I know about color... :lol:
Anyway great work, can't wait to play the demo!

dale_coop

Staff member
Really, really love the colors too!
(I might steal your color palettes and re-use them, one day... if you agree ;))

drdocker

del inf3rno said:
Very cool! You're tileset is great and flows seamlessly. The character movement is nice and smooth as well. What kind of enemies do you have planned? And welcome to the boards!

Thanks del inf3rno, for enemies I'll probably start with some kind of grunt soldier fodder and maybe some variety of turrets. I'm a little worried with my large sprite size that I'll get some crazy flickering.

Redherring32 said:
Sweet graphics,
I would compliment the colors, but what do I know about color... :lol:
Anyway great work, can't wait to play the demo!

Thanks Redherring32, ha took me a sec to get the joke then I saw your game. Totally awesome btw!

dale_coop said:
Really, really love the colors too!
(I might steal your color palettes and re-use them, one day... if you agree ;))

Thanks Dale, of course use the palette. Was having trouble getting the look that I wanted until I made the transparent color the dark green. Let me use an extra color on all the other tiles but did clamp my value range a bit.

Thanks doc!
My game does have less visual appeal than most, but I love it.
Also, can't wait to see what enemies you come up with!

stevenshepherd

I was thinking the same thing. The darker stone looks like paths. If so, great use of paths and a few other tiles to create the perception of so much variety!

drdocker

Thanks jorotroid and steven! Yes, I've been trying to see how much I can take advantage of paths to free up more tile space. The hardest part is getting a middle tile that doesn't repeat like crazy.

Path_Screen.jpg

Top Bottom