Beardie Dragon: Feeding Frenzy

TheKibbleHermit

Got started on my first game and I already hit a snag. I have my player sprite made and animations so I went to make a black background and tried to export and test it then I get this followed by Error compiling stuff... I have a feeling there's a few things left undone to be able to test my sprite.

20181217_205129.jpg

Update: restarted from scratch and copied over my object sprites then tested the emulator which worked this time, think I forgot to make blank tilesets in their own folder at startup.

TheKibbleHermit

I must have, now that I started over the test emulator works and I can move my character but it's not animating. I'll have to look at it tomorrow and figure out where the hangup is there.

dale_coop

Staff member
The title of your game sounds promising!
Did you follow the tutorial? For your animations, check your player 's "object details" (the "Animations" tab)

TheKibbleHermit

Yep I watched the platform tutorial, still can't get it to animate correctly. I have 0-idle and 1-running and when I start the demo it's just stuck on idle when I move around. Tried flipping it to 0-run 1-idle to see if it would reflect the change which it did animate but now it doesn't stop animating. Maybe it's a setting I'm missing?
20181218_103525.jpg
20181218_103531.jpg
20181218_103539.jpg
20181218_103554.jpg
View attachment 4
(my phone doesn't like uploading multiple pics lol)

Attachments

• 20181218_103606.jpg
    20181218_103606.jpg
    11.6 MB · Views: 4,547

TheKibbleHermit

Think I may have figured it out, was doing some digging on the forums and saw a snippet on input asm change to walking and idle scripts. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Sorry for so many questions getting of the ground on this ^^;

Update: Yep that did the trick

TheKibbleHermit

I've got some pics I want to use for the start screen and for the cartridge label. They're both in 8 bit but I'm not sure if it's possible to input it directly into the start screen.
Start screen
eightbit_eightbit2.jpg
Cartridge label
20181219_165930.jpg

dale_coop

Staff member
You could try following this tutorial (and any tutorial about Shiru nes screen tool):
https://youtu.be/V2DAFi2-cxI

Top Bottom