Snail Knight

DietingHippo

Hi, I'm currently working on an entry for the Byte-Off 2019 competition called Snail Knight! Here's an in-progress shot of some terrain I've got in so far.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkbhqD8tY0s[/media]

I'm usually posting updates over on the Twitter @DietingHippo but I'll also be adding updates to this thread as I start implementing more features.

pit.baldriz

It looks very cool! The terrains have amazing quality. Just curious, how did you do the double scrolling for both right and left? Congrats on the work so far!!

DietingHippo

Thanks everyone! This was an idea I had a while back based on old medieval drawings of knights fighting snails. I'm taking a much different gameplay approach with this one and I hope it turns out fun!

pit.baldriz: You can set rooms for left/right scrolling by opening the Screen Info window for an Overworld/Underworld screen, then checking the options Screen Scrolls R and Screen Scrolls L.

-Screenshot of the Screen Scrolls R and Screen Scrolls L options -

You'll see on each side of the screen that there's a long vertical grayed-out section a tile wide. That's the next screen your screen will scroll to next, and will be the next screen to the left/right on the Overworld/Underworld. You might not see them right away when you turn on the options, just leave the screen and open it up again to refresh the displayed screen. Hope this helps!

pit.baldriz

Thanks for the tip DietingHippo, I`ll try it and let you know how it goes.

I`m looking forward for the Snail Knight game! I wasn´t aware of those medieval drawings. :)

Top Bottom