Maim the Rabbit, Win a Prize Starring Mr. Freckles

PewkoGames

Maim_The_rabbit_Win_a_Prize_Screen1.JPG

RabbitKaiser.JPG

So THIS is my contest entry. Maim the Rabbit, Win a Prize! the game show where the prizes and all the contestants suck. Hosted by the possessed dummy that is no dummy, Mr. Freckles!

The idea is:

there are 4 rounds. Each round is timed, and within that time you have to maim a set number of rabbits or more. Each round has more rabbits. Watch out for the Kaiser, hit him enough times and you lose! Don't maim enough rabbots? you also lose!

Beat all 4 rounds and win a mystery prize.

So far I have the gameplay working. I need to figure out:

How to unlock more levels with a set amount of rabbits.

How to get it so that when the time runs out, you either go to the next level or get game over depending on the number of rabbits.

The special screens and cutscenes I can probably figure out thanks to Dale Coop and Cuttercross.

I have a playable bare bones demo too if anyone wants to play test it!

Bucket Mouse

Cool concept. It's also something that can be done within the time frame we've been given.

If you're using the Countdown Timer from this topic:
http://www.nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1982

Warping to the next level should be as easy as slipping the Warp Code into the end of the timer, in place of JMP RESET.
As for factoring the lives into this, right before you put in the Warp stuff, you put in a call to check the myLives variable....and if it's zero, either JMP RESET or warp to the Game Over screen.

PewkoGames

Thank you! There's a Warp Code? I need to figure out how to have it so that it ONLY warps to the next level if the correct number of rabbits are maimed.

Top Bottom