Two Players module

dale_coop

Staff member
Still some small bugs... Working on it.

TwoPlayers.gif

Almost finished (platform / adventure / maze). Of course it will not be perfect, but useable and fun!
Stay tuned (this weekend?)

drexegar

Awesome Dale! Look forward to it!

Quick question? Is a module just a whole bunch of scripts already set up together for nesmaker?

Also is you went back to one of your old games and wanted 2 players, would it be easy for you to dump some code from your 2 player module into it?

dale_coop

Staff member
It will be new core, complety modified scripts... (a lot of them). With new modules (a bunch of predefined scripts and vars/constants from that new core).
You will NOT be able to just import this new module to your current project. It will not work. You have recreate your games in those new modules (like when Joe releases the noScroll module...)
But using exports and imports your ASSETS / MAPS / tilesets / Objects... you can quickly bring back a huge part of your current project in a new project.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yes, this core and the modules will contains almost all my modified scripts: projectiles for all the modules, sprite weapon and/or gameobject Melee (just assign the script you want in your inputs), ignore gravity fixed (platformer module), jumpOn kills (platformer module), handle drops fixed, warps fixed,...

But NO Scrolling... because way to hard dealing with the scrolling and 2 players :S

dale_coop

Staff member
Don't get too much hyped, ok... I am not Joe (nor jorotroid). It might be full of issues... don't expect to make the game of your life with it
But enought to make small games like classic arcade, maze or simple platform a a small adventure (like the NESMaker demo)... in co-op ;)
And sadly, no scroll (until the NESMaker scrolling is completed and optimized).

dale_coop

Staff member
I think I am done with the modules (and the new 2 players core). I will test the modules tomorrow. Then I will share that on the forum.
(because now it's 02:00AM here, I really need to sleep)

MrElephant

Awesome, very cool Dale. This is fantastic. Something that the whole community wanted-and you delivered. Thank you for your amazing contributions to this forum.

Top Bottom