Raid or Die! v.0.3 (2 Player VS Demo)

crazygrouptrio

EDIT: I fixed a couple problems and uploaded a fixed version down below.
EDIT #2 : Fixed an issue with projectiles. Much more playable now :oops:

Got a friend? Want to hate each other? Try your hands at my demo game, Raid or Die!
Full disclosure, it's a demo. As in not finished. As in, it may jack up. :)
lz0zj4n.jpg

This game is a simple 2 Player VS platformer shooter. Grab controller 1 to play as Green or controller 2 to play as Blue. You kill them, you get a point. They kill you, you get a point; and you move to the next round. Besides the gun, you also have a bomb at your disposal to deal more damage! And it's not just your opponent that can deal damage, there are monsters about that want to kill both of you. Doesn't matter how you die, if you die the other player gets the point! Stay alive!

y8oEmQQ.gif

So, this game is called Raid OR Die. Yeah you can duke it out, but what if your opponent is way ahead and you can't catch a break? Well there's rare gems to be found in these tombs you're raiding. Blue gems add 3 to your score, and green ones add 5! These gems rarely appear on their own, but monsters may drop them if they are killed! Raid the tomb, or die trying.

JZ87D8u.gif

With all that stuff out of the way... Again I want to state this game is a demo, and hey thanks for testing it! If you run into any issues feel free to let me know down below. I would say the game is fairly stable, but I am only one person and haven't yet put it through rigorous 2 Player nonsense. There may be some slowdown (not too much hopefully) but the monsters do spaz out sometimes. They require intense maintenance I don't have in me to fix right now... The main problem I am aware of is when both players take damage at the exact same moment. The damage IS always recorded, but the results can get wonky. Usually it counts the damage and the HUD just doesn't update, sometimes it gets each players health confused with each other (at least I think that's what's happening :? ) and suddenly one player's life bar will jump up a few bars. Don't worry though, health is reset at the beginning of each stage so once one of you die you will be all good. Also I've set the demo to loop every 10 stages, so you can literally play forever (the round counter only goes to 99 so it might get weird if you pass that :lol: ) The music is definitely just filler music I threw in, and I kinda rushed the artwork to get this demo done.

And with that, I hope you all have fun playing this demo. I hope you all have fun! :cool:

Attachments

• Raid or Die! v.0.3.zip
    28 KB · Views: 117
Top Bottom