First playable demo of UtwoPia

baardbi

utwopialogo.png

Here is the first playable demo of UtwoPia.

Known bugs:

- "The invisible wall" problem
- HUD doesn't work (including the energy counter)
- Wall climb is a little glitchy (especially when you have a solid tile above the player)
- Sometimes the stomp on enemies doesn't work (seems like it mostly happens when you jump on them from a high altitude)

It's not a hard game, but it's probably best if you don't die since there are no checkpoints. :lol:

I have plans to make a map system, but I have no idea how to do it at the current time.

Enjoy the demo:

http://baardbi.ddns.net/games/utwopia_demo23022020.nes

PS! The music and sound effects are from the NESmaker tutorial assets. Music by John Percy Lasher.

baardbi

Thank you! Being able to relatively easy create games like this is what I love about NESmaker, and having access to extra code that the talented people in here have made is amazing.

Dirk

I like the stride of the player. He looks so determined :)

I am a bit stuck and seem. After I defeated the big blob I seem to run around in circles and I can't get to a new area.
I love the splashes when you enter water and the bubbles; that's a real nice touch and detail.

baardbi

Thank you for the kind words. I have play tested it about 100 times :lol: and still haven't found any screens you can get stuck :) This game is just like the old NES games where you sometimes need power ups to proceed. A little hint: After beating the blob boss you should get a power up that helps you progress. However you might have to backtrack a little bit ;)

Dirk

I have the jumping shoes and I can shoot.
I'll have a look if I find a way forward, but how can I backtrack? I dropped down on the blob boss.

Dirk

Okay... I finally made a jump I simply couldn't pull of yesterday XD

I think you should put another monster block tile here, because the blob can jump on it ^^

utwopia_demo23022020_000.png

Top Bottom