WIP Cat rescue (story and setting)

Logana

Even though I already made a pretty good demo so far I still haven’t written a story or anything so this is what I have so far as my idea

“You are a standard person living with your cat, you work at a grocery store witch is just a small walk away, around your house is a cave along the side of a cliff........ one day while you are sleeping a strange person breaks into your house steals your cat and leaves a note.
NOTE:if you ever want your cat again you will have to get past my dungeons and castles.
You wake up latter in the morning and read the note you then set out on a adventure trough the vast landscapes to reach the persons castle.”

That’s really all the story I have in mind, might change some later but now I made the basics of the game and have a story I can start making the story fit into the game, I think the way I’ll show the strange person stealing the cat is a cutscene, and note will just be in your house and the layout will have the cave to the right of the house and the town left of the house, anyway I gotta go to sleep
EDIT: here is the link to the demo, have fun http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5218

Jonny

When I first read the game title I thought it might be rescuing more than one cat. Your character could learn about their stolen cat (in the way you've mentioned) but then as they're talking to people in the village, the player finds out everyones cats have gone. I think becasue of your cat theme you have a really good oportunity to add home humour too, like things cats do that it funny. You could have a scene where you have to scare a cat out of a situation to save it and use a cucumber (like the viral youtube video - cat vs cucumber of whatever its called)

I like the term 'standard person'.. you should use that in the game "im just a standard person looking for my cat".

Regarding the villian, I wouldn't show them or say who they are until the end. Get some sort of twist into the storyline that the player doesn't expect.

Logana

And I’m probably gonna use the standard person thing but for now I’m not sure how to do the scare cat with cucumber because I’m not a coder just a musician and bad artist

Logana

that would be good, sadly this project got canceled, it ended up being vary boring and not that fun, as well my computer keep deleting the file and it turned into a mess, there are still some shreds of the ideas i had for this game in a new game im working on and will finish Monster Slayer

Top Bottom