Bionic Girl (WIP) (cancelled)

Gazimaluke

Bionic Girl is the restart of an old dead Unity game. I will hopefully be able to bring it to live with NESmaker. For now I have some StartScreen graphics and the basic character sprite. The colors in the pictures are not NES colors. I am drawing stuff on my phone so I will update with "real" pics later.

Attachments

• BionicGirl_BGsprite.jpg
    BionicGirl_BGsprite.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 4
  • BionicGirl_StartScreen.jpg
    BionicGirl_StartScreen.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2
    BionicGirl_BGsprite.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 2

dale_coop

Staff member
Oohh, nice character graphics! Can't wait to see it in action <3
I presume it will be a platformer?

Gazimaluke

I updated the pictures I posted in the initial post. These are screenshots from NESmaker instead of the once from my phone.

Attachments

• BionicGirl_StartScreen.jpg
    BionicGirl_StartScreen.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 5,367
    BionicGirl_BGsprite.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 5,366

Gazimaluke

tornotlukin said:
I am still lovin' that logo.

Thanks, but I'm not 100% satisfied with it yet.

Since I am waiting for the platformer tutorial I am mainly drawing graphics right now.

Attachments

• game-1.png
    game-1.png
    12 KB · Views: 5,358

Gazimaluke

Orgia Mode said:
Very nice looking. You could gather some inspiration from Moon Crystal I think.

That's very detailed. I am trying to wrap my head around all this pallette, tiles etc. I don't really want that grade of detail. I am going for a more clean style but I want more detail than I have right now for sure :D

dale_coop said:
Better trees, indeed! <3 lovely

They were to block before so I smoothed them out and added some shadow.

Orgia Mode

Yeah, I get it. You want consistency between your levels and main character's design. Is she on earth or a more fantastical alien planet?

Gazimaluke

Orgia Mode said:
Yeah, I get it. You want consistency between your levels and main character's design. Is she on earth or a more fantastical alien planet?
Exactly. It's some version of Earth.

Orgia Mode

Gazimaluke said:
Orgia Mode said:
Exactly. It's some version of Earth.

Alright, I was trying to get a feeling for your overall theme. :D

WolfMerrik

I love the style! Its bright, cartoony, and for some reason the overall aesthetic reminds me of adventure island.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of this!

Gazimaluke

Here is just a run animation test. The reason why she is just in the air is because I don't know why ^^ I just made this using the tutorial for making a basic adventure game that they streamed when NESmaker was released and I just wanted to have something moving. The strange thing is that she isn't moving. I probably messed up but the main thing is that I could see the animation.
https://youtu.be/MvTx18wJA8A

dale_coop

Staff member
Great animation, like it!
For your player not moving, did your set the startMovingPlayerXxx scripts ? (you might need to get the fixed scripts here http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=390 or wait for the new update...today ?)
Your player have acceleration and speed ?

Top Bottom