[Byte-Off 2020] Project: Shadow Animus

Title Screen.png

Hey guys!
Chronicler of legends here, developer of Nix: The Paradox Relic.
I'm ready to reveal my entry for Byte-Off 2020: Project Shadow Animus.

===Working Title===
Project: Shadow Animus

===Gameplay===
Adventure, Exploration, Horror

===Tagline===
Beware the darkness in your own heart.

===Synopsis===
Rumors have been spreading, rumors of people disappearing without a trace.
Now a strange village has appeared where there was none before. A village out of place and out
of time. Time ceases, dark creatures prowl the streets and the surrounding wilderness.
None who venture into the village are seen again.
Avarice, for her own reasons enters the village with a willing heart and open mind.
With hopes of returning that which has been lost, her husband, she seeks to unravel the mysteries of this unsettling village. Armed with little more than her wits and minor paranormal insight she will tackle the task before her. She must search, find clues, and discover what has become of this place and those who dwell within it. For here in this place of perpetual night danger lurks around every corner, and the deepest darkness may be that within ourselves.
Explore the village, solve its riddles, rescue the lost, battle the shadow hearts
and discover the truth hidden in the darkness.

Avarice, paranormal explorer:
[media]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d34l2OYy7dKFNcsuEuTvscijpY5oQkSS/view?usp=sharing[/media]

WolfAnimation.gif

AviGameplayGif01.gif

More info and screenshots coming soon!

mouse spirit

Looking awesome! Cant wait to play it sometime. You know what your doin but if you need anything or to bounce ideas off someone let me know.

Bucket Mouse said:
Nice work. Is she related to Nix? They look awfully similar...

They are not related, but this game is a spinoff of Nix.

Avarice is the NPC that you meet in the forest in Nix. (Though her sprite has changed a bit.)

While Nix is a wolf Caniden, who defeats violent criminals through her strength and marksmanship, Avarice is a Fox Caniden with paranormal abilities/instincts.

She is more experienced with problems of the supernatural variety, and uses her wit and paranormal abilities to solve them.

Top Bottom