SweetLeaf

peteria
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:49 pm

SweetLeaf

Post by peteria » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:02 am

Download it here: https://smokinpeteria.itch.io/sweetleaf
Warning: Pic of Back Cover not relevant anymore because of changes but ill still keep it up :P
15/02/20 18:45: updated it with a better version
16/02/20 10:38: Update 2!
16/02/20 17:19: Update 2.1!
17/02/20 14:32: Bug Fix
17/02/20 18:08: Various Stuff
18/02/20 9:38: yes im updating this daily lol
21/02/20 10:07: Bug Fixes!
23/02/20 12:19: Bug Fixes 2.0! and the instant death blocks now actually look threatening lol
26/02/20 11:37: bigger update with a cool new HUD look
27/02/20 10:26: Bug Fixes
29/02/20 17:01: NEW: Death Counter and Sprinting!
1/03/20 11:54: Bug Fixes
11/03/2020: UPDATE TIEM! new powerups and other stuffs
14/03/2020: changed some things inspired by a streamer playing the game :P
16/03/2020: ^ plus a simple start screen because why not hehe
17/03/2020: Up is now to talk to NPCs and Down to shoot projectiles! way smoother to play this way
20/03/2020: Final update to controls: Up+B=shoot Up=interact,open doors, go up latters Down+A=fall trough downblocks
09/06/2020: long time no see <3
14/06/2020: ;P

if you want to support the game you can get the OST on my bandcamp here:

Attachments
game_043.png
game_043.png (3.28 KiB) Viewed 376 times
game_039.png
game_039.png (3.45 KiB) Viewed 376 times
game_028.png
game_028.png (4.45 KiB) Viewed 376 times
game_025.png
game_025.png (1.98 KiB) Viewed 376 times
game_023.png
game_023.png (2.1 KiB) Viewed 376 times
game_021.png
game_021.png (1.84 KiB) Viewed 376 times
game_018.png
game_018.png (2.08 KiB) Viewed 376 times
F1676E67-FD74-468A-B099-7F0187566D64.jpeg
F1676E67-FD74-468A-B099-7F0187566D64.jpeg (602.78 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
Last edited by peteria on Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 53 times in total.
User avatar
NeoBenj
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:48 pm

Re: SWEETLEAF! official Demo release number 1

Post by NeoBenj » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 pm

Really cool. I liked the minimalist overall effect. :P
Do you guys plan of make the story about coloring the world (I am refering to the dialogue of the guy in the house.)
Suggestions:
-Dialogue button on select, is very uncommon. (But you might have a reason for that).
-Pressing UP to enter/exit house was not intuitive at first. I didnt know what to press. Maybe having a 8x8 sprites on the door (⇧) to invite pressing the button.
-Regarding the "exiting house part", I struggle to find the exit.

But its a very cool and enjoyable start. :) Thanks for sharing.
Gluppy Rangers - Official Thread
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4658
peteria
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Re: SWEETLEAF! official Demo release number 1

Post by peteria » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:40 pm

NeoBenj wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 pm
Really cool. I liked the minimalist overall effect. :P
Do you guys plan of make the story about coloring the world (I am refering to the dialogue of the guy in the house.)
Suggestions:
-Dialogue button on select, is very uncommon. (But you might have a reason for that).
-Pressing UP to enter/exit house was not intuitive at first. I didnt know what to press. Maybe having a 8x8 sprites on the door (⇧) to invite pressing the button.
-Regarding the "exiting house part", I struggle to find the exit.

But its a very cool and enjoyable start. :) Thanks for sharing.
thank you so much! your feedback and ideas are fantastic and it gave me some ideas … i'm looking forward to changing those things ^^ and the story isn't quite a fixed thing yet but yes I was thinking of something along the lines of that! :D
peteria
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Re: SWEETLEAF! official Demo release number 1

Post by peteria » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:48 pm

new update out now :D ive updated the file on here ofc :P
User avatar
red moon
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:19 am

Re: SWEETLEAF! official Demo release number 1

Post by red moon » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:39 pm

Nice! Congrats and I am excited to play through the new version!
peteria
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Re: SWEETLEAF! official Demo release number 1

Post by peteria » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:56 pm

red moon wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:39 pm
Nice! Congrats and I am excited to play through the new version!
thank you! i hope you’ll enjoy :D big fan of your game !!
User avatar
red moon
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:19 am

Re: SWEETLEAF! official Demo release number 1

Post by red moon » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:03 pm

Hey nice work on the newer updated version. Many changes have occurred to make for a far smoother gameplay experience!
The little touches and instruction go a long way to understanding what to do initially. I made it to the little flying boss as well and I truly enjoyed the mix of single screen and 2 way side scrolling. One thing I had issues with is the instant death block in the ladder rooms. It does not look threatening so maybe the shape language could change a bit since it looks safe and its not!
Overall, I had a really good time and will play new releases. Oh and the new music makes a huge difference, its awesome!
peteria
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Re: SWEETLEAF! official Demo release number 1

Post by peteria » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:06 am

red moon wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:03 pm
Hey nice work on the newer updated version. Many changes have occurred to make for a far smoother gameplay experience!
The little touches and instruction go a long way to understanding what to do initially. I made it to the little flying boss as well and I truly enjoyed the mix of single screen and 2 way side scrolling. One thing I had issues with is the instant death block in the ladder rooms. It does not look threatening so maybe the shape language could change a bit since it looks safe and its not!
Overall, I had a really good time and will play new releases. Oh and the new music makes a huge difference, its awesome!
thank you! that means so much to me and your criticism is fantastic :D I'll make sure to make the instant death block a little more threatening heh :P
User avatar
Dirk
Posts: 589
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:30 am

Re: SWEETLEAF! official Demo release number 1

Post by Dirk » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:28 pm

Wow, the cover looks awesome! I love how you aged it to make it look authentic and the style of the illustration is great too.
-----
Disclaimer: English is not my first language, so mistakes are bound to happen.
peteria
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Re: SWEETLEAF! official Demo release number 1

Post by peteria » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Dirk wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:28 pm
Wow, the cover looks awesome! I love how you aged it to make it look authentic and the style of the illustration is great too.
happy to hear so! :P i actually scratched and folded the cover and then rescanned it to get the effect lol
Thank you :D
Post Reply