Happy Halloween ("finished" but broken game")

Hello fello NESems,

This is my Halloween project. It is a mere 7 screens of broken mess (with nice backgrounds), but my deadline is here and I will no longer work on it.

Waiting for 4.1 was really draining my inspirations. I have games I want to make, but I want to be able to add future NESMaker features. Then last week while pondering how fun it might be to be able to join in on themed game jams, it dawned on me that Halloween is a theme and it will likely pass before 4.1 is released. So I put all my efforts and (free) time into making a game. I'm more of a visual guy so I soon gave up on developing a cohesive experience and thus my game became a demo. Then I quickly learned the limits of my ability to learn to script and I cut out every unique feature I was planning; my demo became a tutorial re-skin. Now I have run out of time to troubleshoot the numerous bugs that emerged, and my re-skin has become whatever this is.

7 Screens to pass through, ignorable enemies, one enemy that refuses to come out from behind the curtain, another enemy that works on one side of the room but is frozen on the other, and no start or (proper) finish screens.

So here is my weeks work for you all to speculate. You are welcome to help yourself to any graphical assets. You are not allowed to hate me because I won't read the comments (that's a lie).

View attachment MrSpooksTallHouse.zip

spook.gif

BckCHR_00.png
BckCHR_01.png
GameObjectTiles.png
Monster_0_00.png

Attachments

• spook.gif
    spook.gif
    118.1 KB · Views: 4,279
  • BckCHR_01.png
    BckCHR_01.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 4,279
  • GameObjectTiles.png
    GameObjectTiles.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 4,277
  • Monster_0_00.png
    Monster_0_00.png
    1 KB · Views: 4,278

dale_coop

Staff member
Thank you for your hard work.
Looks nice and sounds fun!
Will try it asap, when I will find some free time.. ;)
Can’t wait!

Thank you for checking out my game, everyone.

I know I said I wasn't going to work on it anymore, but I did fix that graphic offset error in the melee attack. Latest version is available in the original post.

Dirk

I think it is a very charming game, I love it when the ghost's head gets big and the tapestry is lovely too.
I hope you change your mind one day make more levels :)

Top Bottom