Fight of the Phoenix Demo

Lother

Alright, the demo for Fight of the Phoenix is done. And I'm ready to post it in this thread.

I will now work on the front art and manual of that demo. In the meantime, enjoy that demo!

Attachments

• FightOfThePhoenixDemo.zip
    31.3 KB · Views: 228

TakukkaNinja

Composer speaking here. It was a blast making the music and playing the demo!
I've already added it to my NES classic collection :)

dale_coop

Staff member
Congrats guys! TakukkaNinja, the music is awesome! (can I add you on my "fav composers to contact for NES games" list?)

Now, I am impatient to see the manual, the NES label, the box art, ....the soundtrack on vinyl LP ;)

dale_coop

Staff member
TakukkaNinja said:
(I just realised I misspelled my username when I created the account... I can't change it, can I?)

Sorry, I think you can't ;)

I would suggest to live with that mistake.... or create a new account.

TakuikaNinja

dale_coop said:
TakukkaNinja said:
(I just realised I misspelled my username when I created the account... I can't change it, can I?)

Sorry, I think you can't ;)

I would suggest to live with that mistake.... or create a new account.
I went ahead and made a new account since I'm pretty new here. Phew.

Lother

Here a sneak peak of the cover art I'm making.

fotp_b10.jpg

Lother

Here's the final cover art:

fotp_b11.png

In the version I sent for the Byte-Off 2019, the NESMaker logo isn't present.

Looks good, was confused for a bit as I kept activating the tutorial text on every screen.
Main adjustment I'd make would be for the crystals that fly at you from off screen without warning to be a bit slower, so I have a fairer chance to avoid them.

FightOfThePhoenixDemo_001.png

Lother

UltraNarwhal said:
Looks good, was confused for a bit as I kept activating the tutorial text on every screen.
Main adjustment I'd make would be for the crystals that fly at you from off screen without warning to be a bit slower, so I have a fairer chance to avoid them.

FightOfThePhoenixDemo_001.png

Yeah I still have to work on that. As for the text, I don't know what is causing that bug.

I made some modifications on the accelaration of the crystals, so now, you can see them and have enough time to react. But it will be visible in the full version. (which I am currently working on.)

Top Bottom