Pizza Party! Full Game - Byte-Off 2019 Game

Retrobuster

So here it is! I’ve reached a point where I think this is going to be about as good as it can get for the competition (unless someone has a fix for some of the bugs listed in the readme!) Just a few notes: The game has 15 levels, in stages of 3 each beginning with a cutscene, a colorful cast of characters and win screen. I designed this to be a sort of “party game” where it’s most fun to play with/against a friend(s) - but not required - You’ll NEED to use the manual (in the zip file) to play this game, so if you don’t have a friend to help you, there is a pause function to give you the time to figure out what you need to do. I recommend pulling it up on your phone or tablet just for convenience sake if you don’t have a 2nd monitor. So crack open some beverages, order a pizza IRL and I hope you all enjoy it! Let me know how far everyone gets and what your high score is! Credit goes to the awesome Dale Coop who gave me loads of help with scripts and David Ko who did a great job for me with the music/sound. Good luck to everyone else who is submitting to the contest! Link below!

NEW LINK IS FURTHER DOWN THIS THREAD

51783791-472714379929347-3878817714163964954-n.jpg

Jacotomo

I really like little games like these, they always seem to be more polished than all the other games. Good job!

Retrobuster

Thanks! That was sort of my thought process since it's my first attempt at a NES game - make a small, but polished game that felt mostly complete as opposed to a larger, more ambitious project that had lots of issues and felt tacked together.

Retrobuster

I've made a couple of tweaks so I wanted to re-post this with a new link just in case anyone still wanted to try this out. Thanks for the support and feedback so far. :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p8D-G3zxV4NoWZ5QQGE2jgAt9TMkTBBx

Nesforlife

This game is fun and different, cool idea!. I even made a cart with label and printed up the manual for my collection. I don't think I'm good enough to beat it though. Could you offer an easy version also? Maybe take one of the enemies off and have more health, maybe that would be too easy. Anyway this game diserves the Nintendo Seal of Quality!!

Retrobuster

Thanks guys! I intentionally made it challenging bc it's a pretty short game - you could beat it in 15 mins from start to finish so needed it to be hard to extend it's gameplay. Was actually a pretty common practice in the NES days.

Chasersgaming

1 level didn't spawn 'Onions' so i couldn't complete the order, however that aside, your game is absolutely brilliant!, love you have to consult the 'Recipe' in the manual. Very well done.!

Retrobuster

Just looked through the levels and the onions are all there - perhaps it was recipe #3, which is a salad recipe and the onion ingredient looks different for salads vs. pizza? If not, and you feel compelled to play again, maybe you could give me the exact level/recipe number that you think is missing it and I can troubleshoot further. No worries if not though. :) Thanks for playing and for the feedback. I really appreciate it!

Chasersgaming

No worries buddy, il defo play it again, I may of missed the salad bit then, il give it another whirl and get back to you asap.:) I’m rating all the games, so I still have a fair few to go, yours scored very well.:)

Top Bottom